Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 40.5 % ❤ 5 % :thumbsup: 17.4 % 😯 5 % :grinning: 18.2 % 🙏 3.3 % 😟 3.3 % :cry: 5.8 % :shit: 1.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:13 pm
Dan wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:24 am
Should it go as wrong as we think and Labour get their shit together, it may only be five years.
It's worth remembering, though, that thanks to Magic Grandpa Labour now requires a swing from Tory to Labour at the next election just to get a majority of one, equivalent to the swing that was achieved (if not actually required) in 1997 to deliver the Blair landslide. That'll require an almost unprecedented getting together of shit that currently shows little sign of getting underway, with Corbyn lingering by the exit door instead of fucking right off as he should be doing.

Effectively, Corbyn and The Cult's catastrophic misadventure has gifted us TEN more years of Boris-inspired damage. Happy fucking Christmas.
I take your point but if Brexit is a complete and utter disaster, a new Labour leader doesn't even have to be as popular as Blair was. It will be difficult, I agree, but the fact we're getting unrestrained Tories who are on a project to destroy may focus people's minds further down the line.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
This is something I've seen on another forum I go on which I think is a bit optimistic. Johnson has a big majority so he not being held to ransom by elements in the Tory Party whose views are even more extreme, like the ERG and the time travelling Mogg twat.

Could he move a bit to the centre to try and keep the votes of new Tory voters in non Tory areas and curry a bit of favour with non head banging remain Tories?

Can't see it somehow

By Biggus Robbus
Just like in Trump's America, only when the Republican cognitive dissonance between globalist neoliberal free traders and Trump's America first policy, of bringing manufacturing jobs back the the US, actually collide will there be a way back from this mess.

Seems like a nice idea to bring those jobs back. However when you dig deeper and look at the likes of Bannon, who has a similar mindset to Cummings, those "well paying" manufacturing jobs are intended to help white Americans have more white American children.
youngian liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
England is a Tory country basically, Labour are just a default for when the Tories either fuck up or go too far and as soon as it stabilises it just reverts to type.

The way its going these cunts could open concentration camps in every town and they'd still piss all over labour in a general election

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:02 pm
Just like in Trump's America, only when the Republican cognitive dissonance between globalist neoliberal free traders and Trump's America first policy, of bringing manufacturing jobs back the the US, actually collide will there be a way back from this mess.

Seems like a nice idea to bring those jobs back. However when you dig deeper and look at the likes of Bannon, who has a similar mindset to Cummings, those "well paying" manufacturing jobs are intended to help white Americans have more white American children.

Just like US Republicans from 'Real America' Middle England Tories aren't going to pay a penny in extra tax or support increased borrowing to reflate Stoke on Trent's economy. For the centre left Johnson and Brexit's next five years will just be a repeat of sitting back and watching Corbyn's shit show unravel.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:55 pm
England is a Tory country basically, Labour are just a default for when the Tories either fuck up or go too far and as soon as it stabilises it just reverts to type.

The way its going these cunts could open concentration camps in every town and they'd still piss all over labour in a general election
I think England is a conservative country, so radical policies scare the horses. And then Conservatives make hay. That was a key realisation of New Labour. Radical change by stealth.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
For lots of people whose votes Labour needs, the "system" works ok. New Labour left their system mostly alone and went after the Tories on public services. Such people doubtless moan about the electric and the gas, but do they want Jez taking it over? I would expect that this stuff puts them off . I'd like to see figures for private sector workers. Bet Labour got killed.

By Biggus Robbus
The real question is did the Tories need the disgruntled working class Brexit voter to win?

Or could they have won with their traditional base.

If it's the latter then they can ditch Cummings, which is not necessarily a good thing. With Cummings in charge they cannot revert completely to type.
The Trump Presidency

Adolph is an eccentric and frequently horribly of[…]

The Tories, Generally

Scum is too good for them.

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

Only this government could miss the open goal of […]

US election 2020

Good stuff here about the implications of down bal[…]