Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 40.5 % ❤ 5 % :thumbsup: 17.4 % 😯 5 % :grinning: 18.2 % 🙏 3.3 % 😟 3.3 % :cry: 5.8 % :shit: 1.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:45 am
He's managed to trade on the 'lovably buffoon' bullshit for far longer than he should have but I feel that has most definitely come to an abrupt end.
Another forum I frequent has suggested he'll do as a placeling as he's most likely to secure the Tories a majority, at which point (probably next summer) he'd get dumped in favour of a Britannia Unchained style candidate.

After all,
Mr Raab [told] the BBC "no one gives a toss about social media cut and thrust" and were only concerned about the substance of the arguments.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Corbyn really needs a more specific answer to the "How will you campaign in a 2nd ref'" question.

Something succinct like: "If the EU offer a better deal that meets our 6 tests I will support it, but I won't commit now to supporting hypotheticals".
lord_kobel liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
What on earth is top trending #boycottmorrisons all about? I hear you ask. These two goons contracted from Trotters Independent Security are seen man handling a bloke for wanting a cup of tea just because he had some leaflets in his hand. The story emerging is that this wanker was harassing customers with his Brexshit leaflets and was obviously told to leave. He then returned to try their patience by staging this panto

By Boiler
Round here ATM there is a solitary Lib Dem poster. All the rest of the farms have large posters for the admittedly personable and popular Tory candidate, who is himself a farmer.

I expect it is against the law for me to have a warning on my door saying any Brexit Party canvasser will be physically removed from my property without any warning, isn't it? Although I do like the idea of one of those gas cannons they use to overturn cars in stunts under the front door step :lol:

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Sent the Shinner canvasser off with a flea in her ear this evening.

"Hi, I'm here from SF"
"Aye, grand. Tell ye the truth, I've got *indicates children fighting in hallway* to deal with and the dinner on the stove, so, if it's all the same to you, another time"
"No problem. Is this the [Surname] house? I'm sure we can count on you anyway!".

And I'll not lie. I got properly fucking irritated by the sheer arrogance and presumption, not to mention old-skool us-or-them surname games. So I might have got a bit sweary in asking her to leave. Probably a lot sweary.

Mind you, six and a bit years ago I had a brave soul from the PUP knock the door whilst my wife was in labour in the living room. This went well.
Boiler, spoonman liked this

By Snowflake
youngian wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 pm
What on earth is top trending #boycottmorrisons all about?
In an uncanny co-incidence,

'I should boycott the place': Morrisons customers left frustrated after More card loyalty points go missing from accounts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills ... anish.html

:lol:

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Snowflake wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:25 pm
youngian wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 pm
What on earth is top trending #boycottmorrisons all about?
In an uncanny co-incidence,

'I should boycott the place': Morrisons customers left frustrated after More card loyalty points go missing from accounts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills ... anish.html

:lol:

Farage!!!

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The crowning moment for me from last night's canvassing session was the forty-something woman who said that she'd never voted before, but she was going to vote for Johnson (not vote for the Tories, of course), because "He's going to get rid of all the billionaires".

My constituency is more screwed than a screwball comedy set in a screw factory.

By Boiler
Samanfur wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:21 pm
[...]but she was going to vote for Johnson (not vote for the Tories, of course), because "He's going to get rid of all the billionaires".
By turning them into trillionaires?
The Biased BBC

Given that's Fenton's MP, I wonder if he'll have a[…]

Twat of the Day

Happy Chinese New Year, Larry! :P https://[…]

Boris Johnson

Not sure what the legal problem is with Johnson ch[…]

11pm on 31st January

(Scene: Interior of conservatory, daylight.) […]