Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 40.5 % ❤ 5 % :thumbsup: 17.4 % 😯 5 % :grinning: 18.2 % 🙏 3.3 % 😟 3.3 % :cry: 5.8 % :shit: 1.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 am
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:34 am
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Remember Saturday afternoons watching World of Sport?
Nope...

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 am
davidjay wrote:
Abernathy wrote:
Nope...
I can; on those very rare occasions my father wasn't working on a Saturday in the brickyards catching up with maintenance work, he'd watch the wrestling on World of Sport.

However, apart from Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks, I can't remember a single name of any of the participants.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Back off-topic for a moment...

Retiring for a swift-half after the soundcheck, the drummer and I met Jim Breaks in a pub in Keighley. Drummer got leathered. Show was worse than usual.

By MisterMuncher
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 am
I've always had a very severe allergic reaction to wrestling.
Opera for rednecks.

Although after a few beers once upon a time, I had a fairly heated argument with a film student that House Of Flying Daggers and the like aren't objectively better than a WWE pay-per-view, and that's done live, and it was only bullshit cultural snobbery that kept him from saying so. I was being a wanker, but not that much.
Last edited by MisterMuncher on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
According to Fenton, the usual suspects are screaming "BBC Bias" about last night.
Poor lambs. They must have been doing a line in the khazi when the Tory Ewok was on.

Saturday, 23 November 2019
Question Time - Tories Whine
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2019/1 ... whine.html

Edit: Oh, and...

By Tubby Isaacs
Plaid Cymru have promised to reopen my local railway line. Here are the populations of the places the reopened stations would serve.

Aberdulais 2,400
Resolven 2,300
Glynneath 4,278
Hirwaun 4,900

They're also proposing to reopen a railway in the next door valley, where even fewer people live.

Does this sound like a sensible proposition to anyone? What difference will those railways make anyway? If having good railway connections made towns prosperous, then Neath and Port Talbot would be well-off.

Nonetheless, I'm probably going to vote for Plaid Cymru because I'm so despairing of Labour. I suppose I'm in a fairly fortunate position to have two Remain parties in the first two places in my constituency.

By Tubby Isaacs
Boiler wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:10 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 am
davidjay wrote:

Nope...

I can; on those very rare occasions my father wasn't working on a Saturday in the brickyards catching up with maintenance work, he'd watch the wrestling on World of Sport.

However, apart from Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks, I can't remember a single name of any of the participants.
You don't remember Kid Chocolate?

He was black.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
I suspect few here would. Mattomac might - I remember him saying that he took his username from a former WWE wrestler.

If it helps, if you've watched occasional Hollywood films over the last few years you may be familiar with the actor Dwyane Johnson, whom prior to finding big screen fame wrestled in the WWE/WWF as "The Rock".

By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:11 pm
Plaid Cymru have promised to reopen my local railway line. Here are the populations of the places the reopened stations would serve.

Aberdulais 2,400
Resolven 2,300
Glynneath 4,278
Hirwaun 4,900

They're also proposing to reopen a railway in the next door valley, where even fewer people live.

Does this sound like a sensible proposition to anyone? What difference will those railways make anyway? If having good railway connections made towns prosperous, then Neath and Port Talbot would be well-off.

Nonetheless, I'm probably going to vote for Plaid Cymru because I'm so despairing of Labour. I suppose I'm in a fairly fortunate position to have two Remain parties in the first two places in my constituency.
That makes as much sense as reopening the March to Spalding line or better still, the Wisbech and Upwell Tramway.
Labour, Generally.

A local member embracing his inner Leslie Judd has[…]

Meanwhile in France

Do the riot police still have the old "sala[…]

11pm on 31st January

https://spectator.imgix.net/content/uploads/2018/[…]

The LibDems, generally

Layla Moran is more of a people politician than bl[…]