Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 40.5 % ❤ 5 % :thumbsup: 17.4 % 😯 5 % :grinning: 18.2 % 🙏 3.3 % 😟 3.3 % :cry: 5.8 % :shit: 1.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:10 pm
Has he maybe deleted the 2/2? What was the gist?

However, as has already been pointed out elsewhere, we were hearing similar whispers of an impending Labour meltdown in 2017 and it didn't happen. But worrying, nonetheless.

It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of how the postal votes shared out between the parties in 2017, but I don't think that sort of information can be published.

By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:18 pm
This bloke is a producer from You And Yours on Radio 4, apparently. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt because I haven't seen anyone say this.

Interestingly deleted.

By Kreuzberger
He was citing "lab sources" and saying that he was tweeting privately. When that inconsistency was pointed out, he shat it.

My guess, and that is all that it is, is that he is just some twat on 16k a year at BBC Manc who fields calls from Daphne in Chichester.

That notwithstanding, he might have been telling the truth.

By The Red Arrow
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:I'm bemused. Could someone please explain?
From a quick scan before it all went missing, it would appear that Radio 4 producer suggests postal votes have been left opened and looked at in Greater Manchester, hints at bad news for Labour, specifically Angela Rayner. Has the idle gossipy nature, illegalities and no such constituency as the Stockport one he was on about pointed out. Deletes tweets.

Strange thing was, replies seemed to disappear as if individuals were realising that the whole thing was too hot a potato to be seen to be involved with. That is, of course, mere speculation on my part.

Personally, I hope he's hung out to dry, but that's the sort of rotten leftie bastard I am.

By Arrowhead
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:24 pm
From a quick scan before it all went missing, it would appear that Radio 4 producer suggests postal votes have been left opened and looked at in Greater Manchester, hints at bad news for Labour, specifically Angela Rayner. Has the idle gossipy nature, illegalities and no such constituency as the Stockport one he was on about pointed out. Deletes tweets.

Strange thing was, replies seemed to disappear as if individuals were realising that the whole thing was too hot a potato to be seen to be involved with. That is, of course, mere speculation on my part.

Personally, I hope he's hung out to dry, but that's the sort of rotten leftie bastard I am.
I read it differently, namely that Rayner looked fine but Labour were struggling in nearby Stockport. But it could just be me misunderstanding the tweet, it was rather clumsily worded.

I see Emma Kennedy is getting excited on Twitter that the Lib Dems might be about to cause Gove some problems in Surrey Heath. I really can't see it myself (unfortunately), Gove netted 37,000 votes in 2017 and just getting within 12,000 of him would be an achievement IMO.
Sir Keir Starmer

He could do well to ignore drivel like this. http[…]

Boris Johnson

Blimey. Obviously I hope Johnson recovers. And as […]

The new leader of the Labour Party

Well, that didn't take long, did it? Savile […]

Roll Call

My sister - upon my request - sent me a photo of h[…]