•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I don't think we've done this before, but looking at it dispassionately at it as possible, what do the Mailwatch massive think the final outcome of the Brexit process will be? Deal? No deal? Revocation? Something else?

By Bones McCoy
The final outcome is several decades away.

If we exit on some synthetic deadline or another, we have:
* All that deal building to do, with all sorts of Imagi-nations "gagging for our business" (Hmmm..)
* Ensuring continued supply of necessities like drugs and food.
* The ERG's inevitable push to disentangle all the EU protections from UK law.
* Then there'll be Westminster's efforts to persuade Northern Ireland and Scotland that there's a future together.

Who knows which entrepreneurial harpy will have her hands on the prime minister's tiller by that time.

By Arrowhead
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:12 am
Crap last minute deal with the EU. Brexiters won't like the deal but they and tabloids will try and paint it as a victory and that it can be improved on over time. They "got Brexit over the line" in their eyes. A pyrrhic victory.
Exactly how I see this panning out as well. An outcome which leaves virtually everybody feeling miserable would be a fitting finale to this whole sorry fiasco.

I suppose one interesting scenario which may result from "getting Brexit done" is that a big chunk of the Tory vote will suddenly have lost their main reason for voting for the buggers. Or is that merely wishful thinking on my behalf?

By Catkins
No deal. Either by default or design, as any sort of deal now looks impossible.

Followed by immediate and extreme disruption as no-deal planning has been inadequate.
Civil unrest due to food supply shortages.
Short-term increase in deaths due to medical shortages.
Recession in the medium term.

..all of which get blamed on Remainers.

Long term: Just like Al Capone, Boris goes to jail for a bit of minor siphoning off of funds while Mayor, not for buggering up the country.

Very Long term: we try and rejoin the EU.

[I've pretty much lost all hope on Brexit. It can't be stopped, and right now I want out on October 31st as it's like a gangrenous limb that needs to be lopped off].

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Johnson is losing potential allies that would agree to push through May's WA with a bow on it. A VoNC followed by a caretaker government to prepare for a referendum and GE. Hopefully led by Margaret Beckett but anyone but Ken Clarke would do. His loathing of referendums is so deep he'd go for No Deal before agreeing to one. I share his contempt but that's the only endgame that will have any public legitimacy.
By satnav
As a result of the stalemate that has existed over the last 3 years expectations about Brexit have severely diminished so any kind of last minute deal could well be spun as a major victory for Boris. There could be a slight honeymoon period after a deal with businesses relieved that no deal has been averted spending some of the money they have squirreled away for a rainy day. Any flaws in the deal will be conveniently blamed on remainers because they reduced Boris's room for manoeuvre.

Boris would probably win a snap election because what would the Brexit Party be able to offer voters if a deal has already been done? A vote for the Brexit Party would portrayed by Boris as a protest vote which would potentially let in Corbyn.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
What a surprise.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... ver-brexit
Teachers are being “used as punchbags” for families to vent their frustration over Brexit, schools have warned. Teachers have told the Observer they are experiencing a wave of confrontations with angry and anxious parents, while pupils as young as six are coming into school scared and confused.

Over the past year schools have started discussing Brexit in classrooms and assemblies as teachers seek to reduce tensions in the playground and reassure children who may have misunderstood what they have seen or heard on the news. There is little teachers can do, however, to placate parents who are feeling extremely frustrated about Brexit. “Ever since the referendum result was announced, levels of anger have slowly been building among parents,” said Anthony White, headteacher at Pound Hill Junior School in Crawley, Sussex.

When the UK failed to leave the EU by the original deadline of 29 March, tensions rose. “We’ve had parents coming into school and shouting at me and my staff, when they get frustrated,” he said.
It's almost as if violence is second nature to Brexiteers.
US election 2020

I'm not going to stay awake this year for the resu[…]

Boris Johnson

Non essential shops, pubs and restaurants all clos[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't know what his regular pay was. But whateve[…]

Winterval Bingo

Finally, their beloved traditional Christmas is un[…]