Area for all other political discussion
❤ 50 % :thumbsup: 50 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
First party leader to resign post-election – would like it to be Swinson and Chuka Umunna to take over and begin the process of building a new Centrist party with clear separation from the poisonous legacy of the coalition. More likely to be the slow death of Corbyn.

If she takes Finchley I'd earmark Luciana Berger for the LD leader job to take the party out of the cul-de-sac it is now in. Chuka is more chancellor material.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:37 pm
I'm not optimistic about St Ives. What makes you so confident? I know you know the area.
Every Labour voter I know of who isn’t a member is voting for George (And a fair few who are). Yes it’s about 10 but I think there is a desire to get rid of him, throw in the fact the party members who have left no longer feel obliged to vote for Labour.

Labours vote will drop in that seat, Dwelly for starters is no longer a Labour councillor yet still has a following and support. I really can’t see how Thomas hangs on.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:37 pm
I'm not optimistic about St Ives. What makes you so confident? I know you know the area.
Every Labour voter I know of who isn’t a member is voting for George (And a fair few who are). Yes it’s about 15 but I think there is a desire to get rid of him, throw in the fact the party members who have left no longer feel obliged to vote for Labour.

Labours vote will drop in that seat, Dwelly for starters is no longer a Labour councillor yet still has a following and support. I really can’t see how Thomas hangs on.
Post-election PM - Johnson
Party which gains most seats (compared to previous result, not who wins most) - Tories, predicting them a majority around 30
A constituency which will definitely change hands (to or from anyone) - Bolsover
Biggest name to lose their seat - IDS
Surprise seat flip of the night - Sheffield Hallam
Damp squib of the night - Raab & Johnson comfortably hold
First party leader to resign post-election - Corbyn
Wildcard prediction (can be anything) - Eastbourne and Lewes both flip (LD-Con and Con-LD respectively)
Boris Johnson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElrVDMMX0AwRz0e?forma[…]

US election 2020

It won't be resolved by morning. Trump won't co[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't know what his regular pay was. But whateve[…]

Winterval Bingo

Finally, their beloved traditional Christmas is un[…]