Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 26.5 % ❤ 22.4 % :thumbsup: 12.2 % :grinning: 12.2 % 🧥 2 % 🙏 4.1 % 😟 18.4 % :cry: 2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I was wondering if any of you have made plans to mark this historic moment in our nation's history, aka the dawning of brave new Glorious Brexitannia?

I note that my ultra-Brexity neighbours are already chattering excitedly about some sort of grisly "red, white & blue"-themed fireworks display for the evening of the 31st, no doubt carefully timed to reach some sort of orgiastic climax at 11pm.

Personally, I intend to discover the scuzziest, gnarliest, most abrasive punk album I can find, turn the volume up to 11 & then blast the fucker out so loudly everybody within a ten mile radius will be able to hear it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

By Boiler
I am tempted to go into the local News International building and demand they fly a Union flag outside.

Or something akin to @Arrowhead's plan; since buying it, that 220W per channel amp I own is yet to be tickled by a single electron. It's about time that changed and at this point, it's almost making me wish I'd bought the 500W per channel version.

By Samanfur
cycloon wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:13 pm
I imagine 98% of the country will go to bed at the normal time.

Easy way to spot the real twats.
There've been so many fireworks going off around here after 10pm recently that it'll be impossible to tell the Brexiteers from the antisocial tosspots.

I suspect that there may be a high degree of crossover between the two, though.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
If I'm not working, I have a collection of Charles Trenet cds and some powerful speakers on standby. Personally hoping that we can add the date to Johnson's bullshit list.
oboogie liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
23:00:01 on 31/01/2020 will be the moment that I will keep telling those that wanted the UK to leave the EU that you own your shit right now, no one else, you will be perpetually held to account for your actions, and that the campaign for the UK to rejoin the EU has already begun.

Don't ever let the bastards off the hook - although the political and social state of the country is so far up its own arse that it'll be too easy for them to find a different scapegoat. Shameless cunts.
Boiler, Arrowhead, Abernathy and 4 others liked this

By davidjay
One thing you can absolutely guarantee is that there will be no bad news stories on the front pages for at least a week afterwards. Never will the prospects have been so rosy, nor the uplands so sun-lit.
Arrowhead liked this

By Samanfur
Except for possibly the sort of grumpy "Where are you all? FOR SHAME!" whining that we saw after the death of the Queen Mother, if the jingoism is seen to be insufficient or not building up a sufficient head of steam in the run-up to the occasion.
By Andy McDandy
Local news reports will feature a "village fete" vibe, a weirdo in a Union Jack suit, old dears passing out cupcakes, and a shit jazz band in waistcoats and straw boaters playing that sort of jazz you only get in Britain.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
About 30 years ago, I taught myself to play a rather obscure Billy Bragg B side called "Quebec, Ontario and Me". It's opening riff and instrumental passage bear some similarity to Beethoven's Ode To Joy (seriously, Beethoven should sue Bragg). As a consequence, I ended up working out a version of the whole of Ode To Joy and including a segment of it in my version of the Bragg song. To this day it remains the only classical piece I've ever bothered to learn.

Any Brexiter celebrations round my way will be met with me, in the garden, amp on heavy distortion and turned up to 11 playing the European Fucking Anthem.

Badly.

Until my fingers bleed.
Sundry far-right groups and parties.

It's as if it's all somehow linked... https://twi[…]

Meanwhile in Australia

Yes, I've seen one or two of those before and they[…]

Oh man, fucking hell. Well, I suppose Keir will[…]

Twat of the Day

"Thicky" Young covets the power and infl[…]