Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 27.5 % ❤ 21.6 % :thumbsup: 11.8 % :grinning: 13.7 % 🧥 2 % 🙏 3.9 % 😟 17.6 % :cry: 2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
oboogie wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:46 pm
oboogie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:50 pm
About 30 years ago, I taught myself to play a rather obscure Billy Bragg B side called "Quebec, Ontario and Me". It's opening riff and instrumental passage bear some similarity to Beethoven's Ode To Joy (seriously, Beethoven should sue Bragg). As a consequence, I ended up working out a version of the whole of Ode To Joy and including a segment of it in my version of the Bragg song. To this day it remains the only classical piece I've ever bothered to learn.

Any Brexiter celebrations round my way will be met with me, in the garden, amp on heavy distortion and turned up to 11 playing the European Fucking Anthem.

Badly.

Until my fingers bleed.
Well there's a thing now...
Boo lefty sell out, saying we should tax the rich more whilst he lives in a rural country manor etc...
oboogie liked this

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Mansion! Pah! I make my calls for the common ownership of all property from a palace carved from a single piece of jade, while feasting on venison profiteroles, stuffed with swan - on the moon!!!
oboogie, Timbo liked this

By Samanfur
The moon? How nouveau riche!

Everyone knows that anyone with real money buiids on Mars. And installs sharks. With laser beams on their heads.

Genetically modified, Martian sharks.
oboogie liked this

By Andy McDandy
Sharks? Sharks?

I use a force of trained hummingbirds to spread messages of social justice and universal basic income. I don't even train them myself - my man gets Bill Oddie to do it.
oboogie liked this

By davidjay
Billy Bragg could park his diamond-studded Bentley in the gold-plated garage of his hundred-bed mansion and he'd still have done more for this country than Richard fucking Littlejohn.
Samanfur, Zuriblue, Cyclist and 2 others liked this
The Trump Presidency

Adolph is an eccentric and frequently horribly of[…]

The Tories, Generally

Scum is too good for them.

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

Only this government could miss the open goal of […]

US election 2020

Good stuff here about the implications of down bal[…]