Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 27.5 % ❤ 21.6 % :thumbsup: 11.8 % :grinning: 13.7 % 🧥 2 % 🙏 3.9 % 😟 17.6 % :cry: 2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Some dickheads near here are letting off fireworks.

Pitiful really, celebrating the biggest mistake the country has ever made
Arrowhead, Oblomov liked this

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 pm
It's surprisingly quiet here, but it wouldn't surprise me if I hear something in about an hour.
Same here as well tbh, just a few distant booms somewhere on the other side of Solihull. My Hard Brexit neighbours appear to have already gone to bed!

I keep asking myself whether people have belatedly grown a conscience, but then I remember the full horror of GE2019 was only a few weeks ago.

By oboogie
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:17 pm
Samanfur wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 pm
It's surprisingly quiet here, but it wouldn't surprise me if I hear something in about an hour.
Same here as well tbh, just a few distant booms somewhere on the other side of Solihull. My Hard Brexit neighbours appear to have already gone to bed!

I keep asking myself whether people have belatedly grown a conscience, but then I remember the full horror of GE2019 was only a few weeks ago.
Two lonely rockets let off nearby at 11pm - just enough to disturb the dog.

Now silence.
Arrowhead liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Facebook is awash with union jack waving shit. These idiots seem to think that it's still the 19th century, pax Britannica and the empire on which the sun will never set.

When you attempt to point out that, er, its not any more, you get "you know where the door is"

I think Brexit has opened up a massive fault line and entrenched opinion on both sides. TBH, I was a bit 50/50 ish on the EU until the referendum but its made me into a committed supporter of Europe. The shite you get from the leave side us unbelievable. It's all just flag waving, nationalistic bollocks, no attempt at reasoning at all, a tiny elitist clique have recruited a vast army of morons to do their bidding and send the country into an abyss

It's shit and I'm eating a (Danish) bacon butty in protest
Arrowhead, Oblomov, randomelement and 1 others liked this

By Oblomov
I'm slumped against the sofa distraught. Oblomova (who surprisingly didn't magically didn't disappear on the stroke of 11) is crying inconsolably in the bathroom. We had a final meal of all our old continental favourites. And now we are beckoned into an uncertain new world, where Oblomova is scared of speaking French in the phone to her parents in public lest some Terry From Basildon type accost her and demand she "SPEAK FAHKIN' ING-ER-LISH YOU FORRIN CAAAAAHNT".

What a shit start to the weekend.

And it's my leave voting Tory old man's birthday in late February and he's got the nerve to ask me for an iPad. The cheeky cunt.

By Boiler
Oblomov wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:34 pm
[...] And now we are beckoned into an uncertain new world, where Oblomova is scared of speaking French in the phone to her parents in public lest some Terry From Basildon type accost her and demand she "SPEAK FAHKIN' ING-ER-LISH YOU FORRIN CAAAAAHNT".
I've been to Basildon a few times, I have a mate who lives there. If Essex is the arsehole of the UK, Basildon is where the cancerous tumour lies within.
Oblomov wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:34 pm
And it's my leave voting Tory old man's birthday in late February and he's got the nerve to ask me for an iPad. The cheeky cunt.
Get him one and delete all languages off it but French. And set the keyboard to AZERTY layout :lol:

By Kreuzberger
From Cool Britannia, the London Olympics and an enduringly commanding position globally with soft power to spare. To this. In just a few short years.

It is said that today is just the end of the beginning of Brexit. Only a fool would and probably will think that this is anything other than the thin end of the wedge, the wedge that was holding ajar a very dark and heavy door.

I have been in tears again tonight. My partner and good friends have been loving and supportive, but this is beyond frightening.
oboogie, youngian, Oblomov and 3 others liked this

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:43 pm
I have been in tears again tonight. My partner and good friends have been loving and supportive, but this is beyond frightening.
Not wishing to add to your obvious distress Kreuzy, but... wait until 1/1/21. At that point the fan will have been turning for some time but on this date the shit will start to be poured onto it.

By Oblomov
Kreuzberger wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:43 pm
From Cool Britannia, the London Olympics and an enduringly commanding position globally with soft power to spare. To this. In just a few short years.

It is said that today is just the end of the beginning of Brexit. Only a fool would and probably will think that this is anything other than the thin end of the wedge, the wedge that was holding ajar a very dark and heavy door.

Hugs and hopes for a better future from me to you, comrade.

I'm sorry I'm not better at consoling, truth be told I need consoling myself and this rioja, whilst delicious, is ill equipped for the task.
Richard Littlejohn

I rather enjoyed Mars Attacks. Was that him wot do[…]

US election 2020

"States rights" latest. Supreme Court sa[…]

The Trump Presidency

Adolph is an eccentric and frequently horribly of[…]

The Tories, Generally

Scum is too good for them.