•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Here are some social norms. Wearing clothes. Not getting your dick out and waving it around while singing the national anthem. Not being a twat on purpose.

This is just more "they don't appreciate my genius" stuff.

By Tubby Isaacs
It's the university who are pulling it down. They're building a school of engineering. Isn't that a good thing to be building? Matthew's fans probaby think a department of racial studies is going up.

The chapel looked quite nice, but I doubt quite nice 19th century gothic revial chapels are an endangered species in France. You can preserve things like the stained glass if it's nice.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Andy McDandy
Is he going to go full Toby Young and insist that universities function solely as finishing schools, dating agencies, and social clubs for well off types?

By MisterMuncher
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:03 pm
It's the university who are pulling it down. They're building a school of engineering. Isn't that a good thing to be building? Matthew's fans probaby think a department of racial studies is going up.

The chapel looked quite nice, but I doubt quite nice 19th century gothic revial chapels are an endangered species in France. You can preserve things like the stained glass if it's nice.
No probably about it.

"Full of Marxist layabouts"
"Probably build a mosque as well".
youngian liked this

By Andy McDandy
They don't hate the humanities, they actually value them quite highly. That's why the don't like the plebs getting their grubby mitts on them for free.

Art, architecture, music, literature - they're status symbols, locked doors. In this room we watch ballet and you're not invited. See this building? It's big and impressive and not yours. Your function is to work, not to enjoy life.
Tubby Isaacs, oboogie liked this

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Or at least, not to enjoy it in the same way as your betters. Hence you get the likes of my MP saying that northern culture consists of football, and George Osborne trying to pitch one of his budgets by saying that what really matters to us plebs is beer and bingo.
Andy McDandy, oboogie liked this
The Trump Retirement

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/us/politics/tru[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

:roll: https://twitter.com/BremainInSpain/stat[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

What annoys me is that I am taxed twice on my paym[…]

The Tories, Generally

Graduates from the University of Life turn their b[…]