Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.6 % ❤ 9.7 % :thumbsup: 3.6 % 😯 0.9 % :grinning: 10.6 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 8.7 % 😟 47.9 % :cry: 3.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Today I've lost the shits, but gained a sore throat.
Been down the workshed cleaning up that chair. Duuuusty.... It's going to look nice when it's done.

Seen a couple of Habitat chesterfields (local) on ebay. Upholsterer reckons a grand and a half to 2k each to refurbish. I think I'll go for that. I'm fond of a Habitat chesterfield. They're made of tree wood, not like the ones you get now. But these are brown velvet...

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:09 pm
Today I've lost the shits, but gained a sore throat.
Been down the workshed cleaning up that chair. Duuuusty.... It's going to look nice when it's done.
Question, Malc; in all of this, have you been wearing a mask for protracted periods whilst working on the chair and needing to breathe a little more deeply than usual? Because I think that's what may be causing my sore throats when I go to work - they disappear after a night's sleep.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm
Same shit, different day. Might shave the beard off later - that'll be enough excitement for one day.

Why have you posted a pic of Kenny Rogers?

If you've got even half of his talent you'll be worth listening to.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Son sent home from school today as someone in the same year group has tested positive. He has no symptoms as yet, have to isolate for two weeks though.

I've been told I can continue working providing none of us show any signs of it
By The Rationalist
Membership Days
Youngest daughter in lock down at Loughborough. Someone in her block tested positive. Daughter is convinced she has had it back in March when she lost her sense of taste and smell. Two of her friends tested positive asymptomatic on return to China.

To be fair to her Uni (Loughborough) seem to be doing well. Food provision is regular and decent. She was even doing some work today (unheard of for any member of The Rationalist Family to have started work so early in the academic year!)

By Kreuzberger
Our main stonemason was at a big dinner on Friday evening (twat) and a few other guests have tested positive. He's in quarantine, as are now the rest of our production team, along with our M.D.

Grumpy bastard that I am, I have been refusing all meetings since March, apart from fleeting coffees or beers in the park anyway. Until today, of course.

Today was the day that M.D. and I were supposed to be laying the deal which would see me take over that role in DE.

What a mess.

By Kreuzberger
Well that's that. Berchtesgaden is in the throes of being put in to lockdown. Yep, that was our destination in 48 hours' time for the M-i-L's birthday and a long weekend of fresh air and schnitzel.

My waist-line is all like, "whatevs", but the rest of me is not entirely cartwheeling at this news.
By WTF?
Membership Days
mr angry manchester wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:42 pm

I've been told I can continue working providing none of us show any signs of it
Yeah, I'll fuckin' bet you have. You tell them to fik right off, Mr. A. Manchester. Get yourself locked down, get a mask on and fuck the Tories.

I trust everyone is keeping well? I've been very busy these past couple of months. Real life is a bastard.

P.S. Red Arrer should keep his beard. Just my tuppence worth.
By WTF?
Membership Days
Kreuzberger wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:16 pm
Well that's that. Berchtesgaden is in the throes of being put in to lockdown. Yep, that was our destination in 48 hours' time for the M-i-L's birthday and a long weekend of fresh air and schnitzel.

My waist-line is all like, "whatevs", but the rest of me is not entirely cartwheeling at this news.
Take comfort in the fact you have some serious people in charge, K. We've got clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right.

Wish I was in Germany :cry:
US election 2020

I'm delighted that Biden has "gone there"[…]

Shaun Bailey

It's like watching a shit version of Carcetti's ca[…]

Was it followed by pictograms of a mushroom cloud […]

The Tories, Generally

The Tory spin and control of the media is so effe[…]