Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 16.3 % ❤ 10.7 % :thumbsup: 3 % 😯 1.2 % :grinning: 11.5 % 🧥 0.1 % 🙏 8.8 % 😟 44.3 % :cry: 4.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:32 pm
Jada Fransen's behind that I hear. Look on the bright side, you can go along and hear Piers Corbyn speaking his banes.
I heard that, too. There seems to be some confusion, though - there's another alt-Reich bloke saying that these're his marches, but she's founded a similarly named company with a view to stealing his act.
oboogie liked this

By MisterMuncher
Can't beat the entertainment value of two fat blokes trying to reach across their combined girth to land one on each other.

Amazed the Yankee* Gun Fondlers haven't fell into shooting each other yet. Give it a few weeks, though.

* Given their professed fondness for the Confederacy, they really don't like being called Yankees. So do that.
oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
MisterMuncher wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:39 pm
15 kg of potatoes
Poitín.
Which I was first introduced to by my grandfather at the age of 7. Made in my grandmother's copper. She gave him a right tongue lashing for it, and all I got was a headache.

By Oblomov
Morning all.

Pulling unpaid overtime today as the network went down yesterday afternoon so I couldn't get anything done, and line manager has stated they want the inbox clear by Monday morning.

Still, I don't mind so much as it's not much of a garden day. Will get the radio on and hope I finish before the ragu on the stove top does.

EDIT: afternoon all even!
Last edited by Oblomov on Sat May 16, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Boiler
I am looking forward to the first hour of Pick Of The Pops in a while - it's 1979, and I have a period-appropriate Grundig radio-cassette recorder to listen to it upon.

By davidjay
We've had a rough couple of days. I can't seem to get it through to my mum that the shops are closed, the internet isn't a magic wand that can produce anything she wants on demand, her grocery order has to include whatever she might need in the next two weeks and her friend can't just pop round if there's anything she's forgotten. I know she's elderly, extremely fed up and probably a bit scared, but it's so frustrating when I tell her something three times (one of which will probably be the hundredth since lockdown began), she says "I AM listening" then in the next breath asks the same thing.

By The Red Arrow
What ho, groovers!

Lethargic. That's how I am today. I did get off my arse and enjoy listening to the birdsong at the back door earlier. Looked at the nearly completed Mustang. Pffft. Looked at a guitar. Shrug. Looked at another guitar. Couldn't be arsed. Thought about opening a book and reading it. Maybe later. Plenty of nothing to do in the meantime. Devil on one shoulder going 'Attaboy! That's another day you've got through.' Angel on the other saying 'For fark's sake! Just farking do something!' P'raps later.

Stay safe, stay sane, my lovelies.
Oblomov, Abernathy liked this
By satnav
We ventured out today to a local mill to buy some flour. The service was a bit slow but it was worth it to get some really good flour and support a local business. On the way back we decided to call off in Chatsworth for a walk, usually in May you can't get anywhere near Chatsworth because it is mobbed by tourists but today there was hardly anybody there because they had blocked off all the car parks to deter tourists. Luckily we managed to park up in a nearby village and walk through Chatsworth park. It seemed really weird to be there with so few people around. I think like with many tourists spots around the country it was the proactive actions of the owners to deter tourists that kept the crowds away rather than government advice or the public using common sense.

We capped off a good afternoon out with some takeaway fish and chips on the way home.

By KevS
Went for a two and a half mile stroll today. It was the longest I've been on my feet for two months, and Man alive, didn't I know it.

Still, that said it was good to see that most of Thorpe St Andrew was where we left it. I'm still convinced at the moment that a trip towards Norwich would involve falling off the edge of the world if you venture past The Rushcutters pub.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:02 pm
We've had a rough couple of days. I can't seem to get it through to my mum that the shops are closed, the internet isn't a magic wand that can produce anything she wants on demand, her grocery order has to include whatever she might need in the next two weeks and her friend can't just pop round if there's anything she's forgotten. I know she's elderly, extremely fed up and probably a bit scared, but it's so frustrating when I tell her something three times (one of which will probably be the hundredth since lockdown began), she says "I AM listening" then in the next breath asks the same thing.
Take a breath and find more patience.

My Mother in Law has asked me "will the virus be gone tomorrow" for the last 2 months.
"We'll go to the Chinese supermarket tomorrow" she adds.

I explain the same message everyday.
US election 2020

Yes again context matters not only that but the […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

This is disappointingly poor from Oborne. Most of […]

Nixon went to China. Reagan negotiated disarmament[…]

The Trump Presidency

8) :) https://twitter.com/JoeSaunders/status/12[…]