Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 16.3 % ❤ 10.7 % :thumbsup: 3 % 😯 1.2 % :grinning: 11.5 % 🧥 0.1 % 🙏 8.8 % 😟 44.3 % :cry: 4.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The weather's turned here for the moment, and we've had water on the ground for the last couple of days.

I'm hoping it'll turn back fairly quickly, so I can get back to sorting out the back garden.
Malcolm Armsteen, Oblomov, Boiler and 1 others liked this

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Samanfur wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 am
The weather's turned here for the moment, and we've had water on the ground for the last couple of days.

I'm hoping it'll turn back fairly quickly, so I can get back to sorting out the back garden.
It's going to be very warm and dry here for the next couple of days, so if you're desperate for a back garden to sort out...
Boiler's back garden.jpg
Boiler's back garden.jpg (162.33 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Now, a serious point for those of us here under pressure from employers or soshul meejah.

What is Toxic Productivity?
Oblomov liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Boiler wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:53 pm
Now, a serious point for those of us here under pressure from employers or soshul meejah.

What is Toxic Productivity?
Many thanks for that link Boiler.
Have a squillion likes.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Seen from the other direction.
DSC_2654.jpeg
DSC_2654.jpeg (105.75 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Oh how I wish I was there now. We had family holidays with the grandkids planned for this summer...
Oblomov liked this

By Kreuzberger
Present and correct. Vodafone, my cable and mobile provider, went down at midday yesterday. Hence, full digital quarantine. Not ideal.

By Oblomov
Morning all,

Promises to be a scorcher today so I will be decanting myself to the garden soon, and I may even be transgressive enough to crack open a cold beer during work hours. Probably at the exact time our WiFi will have its early-afternoon slump.

We were lucky enough to get an online shopping slot for this Saturday though I feel guilty that maybe more needing ought to have it (and oddly it's worked out that our local supermarkets are deserted on weekend mornings so we have had a minimal transmission grocery shop so far).

By Malcolm Armsteen
Good morning Andy, good morning everybody.

All well, it seems. Shopping has arrived, and here is today's fox:
DSCF0615.jpeg
DSCF0615.jpeg (413.96 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Am I right - does he look aged?

Unfortunately the batteries were too low to work the IR gubbins, so no mouse or hedgehog pix, but something had the cut-up fat from last night's steak.
Oblomov, Cyclist, The Red Arrow and 1 others liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
davidjay wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:54 pm
The streets, and one in particular, seemed busy late this evening and there was a lot more rubbish around. Warm nights seem to be equaling more kids hanging around, which isn't surprising.
Same here, including a drunk at 2am trying to wave down cars at the traffic lights to get a lift home...

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Oh well, soon the EDs will be busy patching up head trauma again...

Anyway - morning all. I have resolved to not sit on my backside all day in front of my laptop as it managed to aggravate a lower back issue I have. So there's garden trimmings to chop up for the green bin tomorrow, a couple of house plants to re-pot and maybe, just maybe, dig out the electric mitre saw to cut some more wood up to complete a project (although it may be less effort just to get the hand saw out).

By Abernathy
Hello. Still breathing here, and I think it's Wednesday.

I will happily accept any reward of chocolate for this prodigious feat if I'm correct.
Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

This is disappointingly poor from Oborne. Most of […]

Nixon went to China. Reagan negotiated disarmament[…]

The Trump Presidency

8) :) https://twitter.com/JoeSaunders/status/12[…]

The Biased BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52[…]