Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 15 % ❤ 9.9 % :thumbsup: 3.5 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 10.9 % 🧥 0.2 % 🙏 8.5 % 😟 47.1 % :cry: 3.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Sheringham and Blakeney Point. What a wonderful way of spending a couple of days!

I have fond memories of geography field trips and those little cans of Heineken which were only available from Indian restaurants.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
I'm late to the party on petrol pumps but I first paid at a pump in the UK (at ASDA Stockton) about 15 years ago - I remember it because I noted that I found it much harder to follow the English instructions than the French ones I was used to (and my French is only rudimentary).
Round my way, all the supermarkets have pay at the pump options and the local ASDA recently knocked down it's kiosk and is fully self-service. This has the added advantage of making it 24hr so there's the option of filling up in the dead of night, avoiding human contact and queues.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Fizz learning the field positions in football, with coloured chalk.

I love seeing them, it keeps me sane(ish).
RCS_8148.jpeg
RCS_8148.jpeg (225.82 KiB) Viewed 494 times
The Red Arrow, Oblomov, Boiler and 3 others liked this

By The Red Arrow
I know where you're coming from, Mr A.

Some much-needed laughter at Arrow Towers as littl'un gives us her Great-Gran'ma impression.

Boiler, Oblomov, lambswool liked this

By Oblomov
The last few evening walks of mine have stumbled upon hopscotch squares and various other scenes drawn onto the asphalt in bright pastel chalk, which has been an uplifting sight to say the least.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Nice kids and nice pics, A and A.

Son today had a date with a girl from his school he seems to have taken a liking to, they went to Tescos, Next, Costa and this ice cream place in handforth. He's 14 in October and his young friend is the same age. Are they starting young these days?

My first crash and burn with the girlies was at the very end of 1975, shortly before my 16th birthday.

By Malcolm Armsteen
This is what Fizz was drawing. Her dad was explaining the standard positions of a football team, and she was copying. The blue circles are the crowd, and in her own words, "Mine's got red corners". She was totally concentrated for about half an hour, then she went a bit mad. Taking penalties against her father...
RCS_8164.jpeg
RCS_8164.jpeg (699.79 KiB) Viewed 450 times

By Boiler
mr angry manchester wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:05 pm
Nice kids and nice pics, A and A.

Son today had a date with a girl from his school he seems to have taken a liking to, they went to Tescos, Next, Costa and this ice cream place in handforth. He's 14 in October and his young friend is the same age. Are they starting young these days?

My first crash and burn with the girlies was at the very end of 1975, shortly before my 16th birthday.
The cool kids and the hard kids started at about that age in my school - and I did have one helluva crush on a girl called Linda when I was 14 (one of the very few people from my schooldays I would like to meet again).

But for the shy, geeky kids like me it was a year or two later. If at all. I certainly know of fellow students who never took interest in anyone and to this day remain alone.

By KevS
Afraid not, and although I'm heading back to Norwich this afternoon, I feel like a new person. The friends I'm staying with have a large garden, and in one corner of it is a small cabin where I've been sleeping.

Being set back from the roads, there's none of the usual night time light seeping through, so to be honest, I've slept like a newborn. Spent most of the last 48 hours sitting under their almost Mediterranean like canopy on the patio, listening to the water going through the fountain on the pond, and enjoying the odd glass of red.

Idyllic.

(Oh, and being duffed up by their seven year old daughter who thinks I'm great for some reason...)
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Not a great day today. Had to take an oil drum to this place in Timperley which is narrow and congested. As its impossible to reverse with the trailer on, you have to unhook it and manhandle it while you turn the van round.

Did the delivery OK, turned round and was left with the easy bit of wheeling the now empty trailer back to the van to re attach it. Didn't notice it was getting close to a parked customers car and scraped it with the mudguard on the trailer. Bollocks.

Back at depot, reporting the incident and apologising unreservedly for being a careless twat, manager said that it wasn't insured, as under the fleet cover, the trailer wouldn't be covered as it was detached from the van. I pointed out that the Public Liability policy will pick it up. Suppose working in insurance very occasionally comes in useful :D

By MisterMuncher
Back in work mode, albeit only about 40-45 hours a week now. Days off more or less fixed for the foreseeable. It's not the worst way to be now we're into school holidays. Probably getting near time to get back on my literal bike as well, I've been extremely lax on training since the youngest was born, and I'm slowly coming to realise my food intake was greatly subsidised by pedalling a hundred miles plus a week.

At some point during his introduction to superheroes, someone has told my wee fella that Thor is, in fact, called Mick. So I get to hear grand tales of The Avengers Iron Man, Hulk, Spiderman, and Mick. This has sustained me more than you'd think possible.
The Red Arrow liked this
Priti Patel

2020: "Companies and corporations should keep[…]

Roll Call

I've had to wear a hat this year as my hair th[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Journalists who have risen through the ranks and u[…]

Mark Francois MP

Into all the darkness shines one single ray. Pisse[…]