Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.6 % ❤ 9.7 % :thumbsup: 3.6 % 😯 0.9 % :grinning: 10.6 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 8.7 % 😟 47.9 % :cry: 3.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
What ho, groovers!

Well, the ol' boredom of a life sucking your taxes dry by avoiding gainful employment and shielding O.M.A really got to me over the last two days. Yesterday's highlights included the great end-of-the-world missing the last post (it's 9 a.m round here - no kidding) for a birthday card catastrophe that saw me removing myself from the situation rather than erupt like Krakatoa, and taking to my bed. With sleep pattern disrupted, I took an extended power-nap this afternoon and rose to discover that I'd missed a visit from niece and littl'uns. I became aware of this this whilst checking my phone and finding out that I had a new wallpaper...I suspect the little hoodlums might have had some help from their mother. They're a tonic, aren't they?

Stay safe, stay sane, my lovelies.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Oblomov
Bonjour all,

Writing this from the carriage of the TGV about to depart for Milan.

Had the relieving news yesterday that Oblomova has kept her job so we celebrated by drinking lots of pretentious Parisian craft brews and eating a massive fuck off charcuterie board by the canal in the Stalingrad district.

Holiday is on. My seafood ravioli in creamy pepper sauce awaits 8)

By KevS
Probably the most frustrating week since all this shebang started, with horrendous IT problems whilst trying to work, and the technical bods blaming things our end despite there's two other people working in the house with no issues.

So to cheer myself up, I've splashed out on an Xbox and a few games.

I am 47 years old.

By The Red Arrow
I'm busy wading through an update to my favorite flight sim at the moment - the bounders seem to have removed a few elements I really like - which I can put back in, and added some graphical 'improvements' not to my taste - which I can remove. Perpetual two steps forward, one step back. I spend more time tinkering to get it all 'just so' than I do pottering about over period landscapes and shooting down baddies. It's all got so nerdy that I've worked out how to get in-game local radio beacons to play broadcasts from whatever era I'm flying through, relevant to whatever nation, and am probably going to spend a few days putting it all together. I really should get out more - oh, wait...

By Kreuzberger
Oblomov wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:31 am
5:31 am
Bonjour all,
Writing this from the carriage of the TGV about to depart for Milan.
What a post! Yes, everything, everywhere is fraught with challenges at the moment. But, an even bigger yes. Eating pizzette and warm pickled onions by the canals in Milan.

Risk? Meh, it is priced in.
Oblomov liked this

By MisterMuncher
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:49 pm
I'm busy wading through an update to my favorite flight sim at the moment - the bounders seem to have removed a few elements I really like - which I can put back in, and added some graphical 'improvements' not to my taste - which I can remove. Perpetual two steps forward, one step back. I spend more time tinkering to get it all 'just so' than I do pottering about over period landscapes and shooting down baddies. It's all got so nerdy that I've worked out how to get in-game local radio beacons to play broadcasts from whatever era I'm flying through, relevant to whatever nation, and am probably going to spend a few days putting it all together. I really should get out more - oh, wait...
I presume you've seen the 212-floor monolith accidentally dropped into the new MS Flight Sim?

By The Red Arrow
I've deliberately lost touch with that one until better times enable a major kit upgrade. :lol:

Always torn between getting in on the ground floor or sticking with the hundreds of planes and tweaked maps I've accumulated over the years. I did notice that at least one firm is touting their wares at giveaway prices in response to the new kid on the block.

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-stalingrad/

The WWI Flying Circus edition is very nicely done, but (as with other options) very limited in scope if anybody fancies taking the plunge.

By KevS
Was merrily playing Forza Horizon 4 when one of the characters addressed me by my own name.

Now this may be an over reaction, but I shall be getting the Bishop of Norwich to pop round and scream "the power of Christ compels you!" at the Xbox once he's done at the cathedral.

'Ti's the devil's business.
The Red Arrow, Cyclist liked this

By Oblomov
Buonesera all,

Arrived safely on the Adriatic coast yesterday. Was only in Milan for all of half an hour to change trains, but got admire the architecture of the central station. Train from there was more pleasant and had a nun wish us a good holiday (and we wished her well with her schemes to become mother superior at her convent). Punctual arrival, swift supermarket shop and then settled in for the first of many pizzas (speck, olives, mushrooms and buffalo mozzarella if you’re curious.)

Umbrella beach secured this morn and have just eaten a fabulous spread of cured meats, cheese and grissini. Am now off for an enormous snooze before more beach later.

Wishing my fellow comrades well and I hope such happy times find you all very soon!

By davidjay
Oblomov wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:31 am
Buonesera all,

Arrived safely on the Adriatic coast yesterday. Was only in Milan for all of half an hour to change trains, but got admire the architecture of the central station. Train from there was more pleasant and had a nun wish us a good holiday (and we wished her well with her schemes to become mother superior at her convent). Punctual arrival, swift supermarket shop and then settled in for the first of many pizzas (speck, olives, mushrooms and buffalo mozzarella if you’re curious.)

Umbrella beach secured this morn and have just eaten a fabulous spread of cured meats, cheese and grissini. Am now off for an enormous snooze before more beach later.

Wishing my fellow comrades well and I hope such happy times find you all very soon!
Is there a 'deeply envious' button?
Watchman, Abernathy, Oblomov liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
My potato peeler broke. I know, big news, but bear with me.

After a few minutes' research I ordered a new one from Amazon (Victorinox, very nice). It was delivered yesterday.

I was asked by the delivery bloke to show proof that I am over 18. I pointed to my greay bearad and thinning hair, my less-than-youthful sillhouette. No good, he needed ID. For a potato peeler? I asked. What sort of ID? He just grinned and shrugged. "I get fired if I don't see it,"

So I searched out my driving licence, which he carefully checked. Just in case I was really a gang member who was about to go on a peeling spree.

It's PC gorn mad I tell you.
The Tories, Generally

As someone said on there, paraphrased - the worst[…]

US election 2020

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1319672735035[…]

Priti Patel

Oh my God. It's a rather high profile case, at a r[…]

Peter Hitchens

And extremely intelligent, and a critical thinker.