Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.3 % ❤ 9.4 % :thumbsup: 3.6 % 😯 0.9 % :grinning: 10.2 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 9 % 😟 48.7 % :cry: 3.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
That's the thing, you just don't know. And yes, the vaccine is on the way, but as someone said to me today, if you were in the trenches at 10:57am on 11 November 1918, you still wouldn't go wandering out into no man's land....
Boiler liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Just been told that eldest grand-daughter (Spike) is having to self-isolate for 14 days at home because she has been in close contact with a positive tester. I saw her at the weekend...

Speak soon. Maybe.

By Samanfur
KevS wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:58 pm
That's the thing, you just don't know. And yes, the vaccine is on the way, but as someone said to me today, if you were in the trenches at 10:57am on 11 November 1918, you still wouldn't go wandering out into no man's land....
That's what I'm thinking. Not looking forward to the potential fallout, though.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Reporting in from sick bay.

I had the shits yesterday afternoon, took some Imodium, because I had a long Zoom meeting in the evening. All seemed OK.

Then about six this morning I started to experience dramatic flatulence, which by 7 was cataclysmic diarrhoea. Watery and nasty, five times by 9am. Starting to feel rough and nauseous, so just slept until 1. Slight temperature, but taste and smell OK, slight headache, but that may have been laying in bed all morning.

It's either gastro-enteritis (which I get occasionally) or a corned beef sandwich I had for lunch yesterday...

Fasting today (which means no insulin, which is a problem) to see how it goes.

By Boiler
I'd say that has more than a hint of noro about it but have you been anywhere to get it? Don't forget the Dioralyte, Malc - hopefully you've got the sugar-free version.

Get well soon.

Norovirus symptoms from the NHS website:
  • feeling sick (nausea)
  • diarrhoea
  • being sick (vomiting)
You may also have:
  • a high temperature of 38C or above
  • a headache
  • aching arms and legs
And there's this:
Alcohol hand gels do not kill norovirus.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I had a bad case of Salmonella some years back (dirty fucker didn't wash his hands after having a shit and before making me a sandwich) - ill for ages. It seems to have broken my resistance, gastrically.

Noro might be possible.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:35 pm
I had a bad case of Salmonella some years back (dirty fucker didn't wash his hands after having a shit and before making me a sandwich) - ill for ages. It seems to have broken my resistance, gastrically.

Noro might be possible.
I think chuck it in with your apparent 'Long Covid' and I'd say you're going to be susceptible - and noro makes Covid look difficult to transmit.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5851036/
By satnav
On Tuesday morning I was chopping up some Chorizo and red onion ready dinner I quickly realised I couldn't smell anything. Fortunately by the time I came to eat the spicy pasta in the evening I couldn't smell it but I was able to taste it.

By Wednesday morning I was still bunged up and feeling really cold. After a Lemsip I dragged myself into work. Fortunately I had a fairly easy day because half of the kids were off self-isolating. I managed to drag myself in again today to find even more kids were off and then end up having three lessons with the supply teacher from hell, he managed to spend the entire day talking shite and asking my opinion on all kinds of nonsense. I really wish I had phoned in sick on Wednesday and spent two days in bed.

Luckily school is not open tomorrow but we've got a new bed arriving in the morning so I will have to get up early and get rid of the old bed before the new one arrives.
By mattomac
I came down with something late last week, took a test on Thursday and it came back negative today.

It was supposed to be the green light to go to see my parents but that’s now not happening, in a way it’s a bit of a relief, however the way Johnson did it has massively angered me.
By satnav
After feeling rough for most of last week on Friday night I was challenged by a friend to do a 5km run this morning while wearing a Santa suit. Because it was in aid of a charity that I have supported all year I accepted the challenge.

Having found a Santa suit in the attic I headed off out in really good conditions for running and every 5 minutes or so I got cars hooting their support. I made sure that my route had quite a nice downhill finish so by the time I
got home I was feeling really good. No more blocked nose and no more aching joints.
Boiler, davidjay, Malcolm Armsteen and 5 others liked this
The Trump Presidency

Some interesting legal thoughts are emerging on th[…]

"Boris" Johnson

How odd that Johnson says it's a matter for Bide[…]

Round the Blogs

And in the comments I haven’t read the jud[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Anyone else read that as ARSE first time round? […]