Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.3 % ❤ 9.7 % :thumbsup: 3.8 % 😯 0.9 % :grinning: 9.8 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 8.9 % 😟 48.7 % :cry: 3.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
Very anxious at the moment. By my calculations, it should be around a week since Oblomova's parents started showing symptoms of COVID-19. They straddling the mild/moderate border and have told us the ailment has improved over the last couple of days but this is round about the timeline of the cytokine storm, where people had seemed to turn a corner and then declined very suddenly and rapidly.

Don't think I can rest easy until Monday 15th when it should have passed but christ, 100+ hours of endless fraught worry :cry:

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Oblomov wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:17 am

Don't think I can rest easy until Monday 15th when it should have passed but christ, 100+ hours of endless fraught worry :cry:
All OK?

By Oblomov
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:07 pm
Oblomov wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:17 am

All OK?
Thanks for checking in, answer is yes and no. Symptoms have only gotten a mite worse (both have anosmia now and her dad's oxygen levels dipped a couple of percentage points yesterday afternoon but returned to where they should be). But it should've started clearing up now based on the timeline I calculated. Maybe their age is inhibiting recovery somewhat?

We don't know and we're powerless to do anything other than sit and wait, which we're getting pretty fed up of now.

By Bones McCoy
Tiny goblin will soon be returning to school for his 6th year Drama classes.

The school is issuing lateral flow tests to pupils before return.
I welcome this.
I know they're not the most reliable, but it seems better to detect it before return (with the odd false positive) than detect in in the classroom and send 30 home.

By Oblomov
Just had a call offering me a vaccine jab next Tuesday.

Strange when the pendulum swings the other way.

By Kreuzberger
I'm due for August '21 or May '22, although I trip the 60-year milestone in between. Not that any of this really matters; I will be masked up long after time has been called on this shitshow. I'll not be going to clubs or parties for the foreseeable, either.

(And to think; I naively smirked at Chinese kids wearing masks in the central market in Saigon. What a dork and what a difference two years makes!)

By Oblomov
Oblomova's father now feeling like he can't breathe but his oxygen levels are at 97% so we're unsure about what's going on there, especially as he should be coming out of COVID infection by now. Rather concerning as understandably we pray for hospital treatment to not become necessary.

The extreme pollution of the city he lives in probably doesn't help.

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
A "thank you" to those I've noticed have just "liked" my post - I needed something to focus on as I am beginning to think the AD withdrawal is beginning to take hold but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Your kindness is appreciated, even though I know I'm a cunt at times.
The Trump Retirement

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/us/politics/tru[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

:roll: https://twitter.com/BremainInSpain/stat[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

What annoys me is that I am taxed twice on my paym[…]

The Tories, Generally

Graduates from the University of Life turn their b[…]