Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.3 % ❤ 9.7 % :thumbsup: 3.8 % 😯 0.9 % :grinning: 9.8 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 8.9 % 😟 48.7 % :cry: 3.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
Boiler wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:22 pm
First of all; how are the in-laws?

Lesser news; I get jabbed on Tuesday.
Improved now thank you. Anosmia remains (from what I've read, it takes a while to shift) but the flu symptoms have gone. FIL is still coughing and gasps for air which is concerning but his blood oxygen is where it should be, doctor came to do a blood test and it seems the COVID has exited from FIL so doctor has diagnosed the coughing as an allergy he's developed under duress of COVID so has prescribed steroids which will hopefully do the trick.

Resting a lot easier now than this time last week that's for sure.

Thank you for asking and great news about your jab :D

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
I could give you the MH lecture about 'hypothetical' versus 'practical' worry (best summed up as 'what if..?' versus 'what now?!') but I won't. Glad to hear they're improving though, this is good news :D
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I'm letting you know I'm taking a break from posting here as I'm just sick of politics all round, I feel that obsessing about bad stuff isn't good for your frame of mind, and what can I do about anything anyway? I'm just some bum on minimum wage driving a delivery van, no one listens to the concerns of us out here in scroteland.

The Tories are just sociopath s who put their own interests ahead of the country and will just sell us all down the river, the left waste energy on stupid shit, and a couple of their pet obsessions i am very uncomfortable with, the climate change cult and this fucking stupid shit about gender identity.

I've come to the conclusion that it's pointless being arsed about anything any more and I will just carry on with my little life of quiet desperation.

All the best anyway
Boiler, davidjay liked this

By Oblomov
FIL update; went for a scan on his chest and what was first thought to be allergies is actually a small pneumonia. Medication prescribed but his oxygen levels dipped to 95% earlier which is rather alarming so I'm hoping his condition will improve soon.

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Oblomov wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:29 am
FIL update; went for a scan on his chest and what was first thought to be allergies is actually a small pneumonia. Medication prescribed but his oxygen levels dipped to 95% earlier which is rather alarming so I'm hoping his condition will improve soon.
Can I just say that staring at figures in minute detail looking for variations is not good for your mental health.

This from someone who spent hours, into days in an ICU staring at monitors hoping and praying for his wife's blood pressure to rise and her temperature to fall.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Oblomov wrote:
95% is the low end of normal - I have to check mine regularly due to asthma/COPD. Usually I'm around 97%. You need to see the trend.

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:03 pm
Oblomov wrote:
95% is the low end of normal - I have to check mine regularly due to asthma/COPD. Usually I'm around 97%. You need to see the trend.
True: I've been at 95% myself and one medical professional told me that 100% is pretty out of the ordinary - 97/98% is more 'normal'.

By Oblomov
Yeah he lives in a city rife with pollution so I doubt it'd ever be 100% but I remember reading that 94% and below means we should be seeking out a hospital immediately.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Oblomov wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:30 pm
Yeah he lives in a city rife with pollution so I doubt it'd ever be 100% but I remember reading that 94% and below means we should be seeking out a hospital immediately.
I was once hospitalised at 88%. It was due to running upstairs and having an episode whilst suffering from a chest infection. The hospital thought I had Swine Flu (I didn't, I'd already had it) and led to the farce that for the first day in a single ward the nurses and doctors all suited up to examine me, then the second day they wore less PPE. On the third day they just wore masks, and on the fourth day they made me wear the mask and they went unmasked. Then they believed me and sent me home. Lots of intravenous antibiotics, though. But I survived.

By Oblomov
I am pleased to announce I am now amongst the ranks of the vaccinated :D
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I've now had 10 lateral flow tests at work and they have all comeback negative I really think I should give you a badge or a 'T'shirt every time you complete 10, 20 and 30 tests.

I am still slightly concerned that I have not had any sense of smell since about October which would suggest I've had COVID but didn't realise or it could be a side affect of the drugs I'm taking for my enlarged prostate.
The Trump Retirement

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/us/politics/tru[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

:roll: https://twitter.com/BremainInSpain/stat[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

What annoys me is that I am taxed twice on my paym[…]

The Tories, Generally

Graduates from the University of Life turn their b[…]