Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.7 % ❤ 9.8 % :thumbsup: 3.4 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 10.9 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 8.8 % 😟 47.3 % :cry: 3.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:53 pm
All the shops are shut.
We underestimated the amount of drink needed in the house.
And now this...

It's just like Christmas.
It's nice to know it's not just the English weather that waits until it's officially spring and then takes the piss.

By Boiler
Some of us remember waking up on the morning of Good Friday in 1975 (when Easter was in March) to find a thick layer of snow had fallen overnight, much to our joy. It also snowed in June... and then we had a summer that rivalled 1976.
By WTF?
Membership Days
Kreuzberger wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:53 pm
We underestimated the amount of drink needed in the house.
Apparently some boffin at the WHO has concluded that alcohol is "not a good coping strategy during lockdown". I have taken it upon myself to stress test this theory. Early results indicate that {actual alcohol required = Σ (estimated alcohol)2.3 + n (where n = time spent [hours] in queue at local off licence)} D (where D = days before next sortie).

It's not exactly elegant but it's early days. More testing required.
Cyclist, Catkins liked this

By Oblomov
The vet has been most magnanimous and will allow us to pay the majority of our fees in installments. And I managed to get our friends in need the juice, soy milk and eggs that they wanted so I'm feeling fairly chipper this arvo :D
Samanfur, Arrowhead, Catkins liked this

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:51 pm
Supermarket news - I've found a slot for a click and collect! Up yours, previously frozen crumpets, you can be saved for later.
No dried pasta other than a pack of macaroni, some substitutions of fresh pasta tortellini flavours but otherwise all good. Bread and milk no problem.

By Bones McCoy
Dr McCoy ventured out this morning and came back with a massive hamper.

She suggests that the next version of lockdown (Should they need to use it) will be a restricted radius of travel during your daily exercise, and the need to phone ahead for any unusual shopping items.

Some kerfuffle also going down about a fast food deliver place maybe being a source.

i.e. A quiet days on the frontline.
Oblomov liked this

By Oblomov
lord_kobel wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:13 pm
Just had a call from mum's doctor saying they want to put a DNR order in place, along with an order not to ventilate if she does catch it...
They asked a similar thing of me da almost a decade ago when my mum went in for a mastectomy, she was livid when informed upon waking.

I expect the same request will be made of him in the coming months. Harrowing.

By Catkins
No dried pasta other than a pack of macaroni, some substitutions of fresh pasta tortellini flavours but otherwise all good. Bread and milk no problem.
If you are really desperate for pasta shapes other than macaroni, then Anne Summers is your woman, this is apparently on at 3 for 2.

bluebellnutter liked this

By Kreuzberger
bluebellnutter wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:42 pm

Have you tried making your own? Those classic Imperia rollers are perhaps thirty quid in online stores, and it is super easy to make, although ever so time consuming. Which is good.

I make tagliatelle and hang it around the kitchen to dry for a couple of days. The offcuts can be rolled out and chucked in to a minestrone or a scruffy ribollita as a substitute for the bread.

As for the taste. Think: garden/balcony tomatoes versus those industrial parodies from a field adjacent to Schiphol and you'll be on the right track.

Tipo 00 flour.
Any old eggs but organic ones lend a nuttier taste.
Maldon Salt
Bog-standard olive oil.

Edit for missing word.
Oblomov liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Then Byrhtnoth ordered each of his warriors
to release their horses, to hurry them far away,
and to go forwards, mindful of their hands and their stout courage.

(Hēt þā hyssa hwæne hors forlǣtan,
feor āfȳsan and forð gangan,
hicgan tō handum and tō hiġe gōdum. )
Meanwhile in France

Hearing about a knife attack near the former Char[…]

Boris Johnson

... has everyone given up expecting him to be co[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8770719[…]

That'll bring the voters back, Lexiters (as I th[…]