Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 15 % ❤ 9.9 % :thumbsup: 3.5 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 10.2 % 🧥 0.1 % 🙏 8.1 % 😟 47.9 % :cry: 4.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:11 pm
Then Byrhtnoth ordered each of his warriors
to release their horses, to hurry them far away,
and to go forwards, mindful of their hands and their stout courage.

(Hēt þā hyssa hwæne hors forlǣtan,
feor āfȳsan and forð gangan,
hicgan tō handum and tō hiġe gōdum. )
Be like Brythnoth: Have a care for social distancing and handwashing.

By Oblomov
Morning @Boiler , morning all.

After yesterday's welcome gloom, we're back to being tantalised by a big ol' blanket of azure. Cat has cottoned on that the balls of chicken liver mousse we've been giving him actually have his medication inside so the little git is refusing to play along with that now.

Am getting back into playing online chess with my friendpals and am devouring any materials on tactics, mostly so I can stop humiliating myself on the squared circle.

By Oblomov
Wanted to enjoy the sunshine in the garden but the property connected to the end of ours is building a basement flat there and one of the workers is coughing his lungs up over our side of the fence.

Lovely :roll:

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I was called into work yesterday, to help pack food parcels for the families of kids on free school meals, until their vouchers come through.

We completed a job that had up to three days put aside for it in just under five hours, so I'm feeling fairly accomplished.

Paying for it today, though. Ow.

Whilst the packages we were putting together weren't as bad as this, seeing what a family's given to last a week certainly gives you a healthy respect for the bottom line.
Watchman, spoonman, Catkins and 3 others liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 am
I was called into work yesterday, to help pack food parcels for the families of kids on free school meals, until their vouchers come through.

We completed a job that had up to three days put aside for it in just under five hours, so I'm feeling fairly accomplished.

Whilst the packages we were putting together weren't as bad as this, seeing what a family's given to last a week certainly gives you a healthy respect for the bottom line.
Fantastic job.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote: Whilst the packages we were putting together weren't as bad as this, seeing what a family's given to last a week certainly gives you a healthy respect for the bottom line.
Once again the goverment shows it's utter contempt for anyone living north of the M25. Of course Northerners will be grateful. They live on a diet of biscuits, chocolate, and tea. I suppose the apple was either included by mistake, or to show the ignoramouses of #northengland what fresh fruit looks like :roll:

The modern equivalent of "Let them eat cake". With one difference - Marie Antoinette didn't actually provide any cake.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We gave every bag two apples, an orange, two carrots and two potatoes, so there was some fresh stuff in there.

There was still stuff with enough sweeteners to give Jamie Oliver conniptions, though.

And definitely no tea.
Cyclist, Boiler liked this
By WTF?
Membership Days
Samanfur wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 am

I tip my hat to you, S.

I'm afraid I might go too far if I type what I think of those Tory cunts and their Crunchy bars :evil:

On a not entirely unrelated note I got an email from the NHS today. I applied for a job with them about 6 or 7 weeks ago. They're going to phone me tomorrow or the next day for a preliminary interview. Bugger! It'll be just my luck if I end up on a plague ward. Those Tory bastards better get that PPE stuff organised or I'll come down to Westminster and cough all over every last one of them. Bugger!

By Snowflake
15 minute walk to Tesco and bus back around 11am. Plenty of people about and not a uniform in sight. They must have all have been seconded to Derbyshire. Small orderly queue, people being let in a few at a time, no obvious restrictions on number of items. Did pretty much my normal weekly shop and got everything including pasta but no tea bags. See you again next week. :D
The Tories, Generally

Ah, so NOW it makes sense. Muddled messaging = exc[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Fair point. Although, considering the prevalence o[…]

Masks

Listen carefully as I will say zis only once; Good[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Posted without irony https://twitter.com/The_Swol[…]