Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 36.8 % ❤ 5.3 % :thumbsup: 10.5 % 😯 10.5 % :grinning: 26.3 % 🙏 5.3 % 😟 5.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
WTF? wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:12 pm
Old Speckled Hen's not too bad. OK, it's a bit ordinary in terms of flavour but in terms of kick in the head it's alright. It's nowhere near as hoppy as Brewdog but it's somewhat similar to Nukey Brown. Can you Southern chaps recommend a good hoppy English beer?
Oakham do some good ones.
WTF? liked this

By Boiler
davidjay wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:38 am
WTF? wrote:
Old Speckled Hen's not too bad. OK, it's a bit ordinary in terms of flavour but in terms of kick in the head it's alright. It's nowhere near as hoppy as Brewdog but it's somewhat similar to Nukey Brown. Can you Southern chaps recommend a good hoppy English beer?
Oakham do some good ones.
Seconded. Citra is a nice single-hop variety and very drinkable but if you want a bit more kick, Green Devil is the 6% version. Similarly Bishop's Farewell is very pleasant.
WTF? liked this

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I wonder whether we'll see anything like this for VJ day (the actual end of the war) or whether that'll all be forgotten about by most as per usual?
Oblomov liked this

By Boiler
bluebellnutter wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:50 am
I wonder whether we'll see anything like this for VJ day (the actual end of the war) or whether that'll all be forgotten about by most as per usual?
If it is up and running by then, the planned VE Day event at my local heritage railway is now being combined with VJ Day.
bluebellnutter liked this

By Oblomov
WTF? wrote:
I found Old Golden Hen to be superior to its sister beer but may not be as widely distributed as OSH
lord_kobel, Boiler, WTF? liked this

By Oblomov
Nipped to the off licence earlier to grab Lear cider and Poundland still had a queue to get in but nobody was social distancing properly anymore so I guess that idea is on the way out. A cynical part of me suspects Bozza’s master plan is for the NHS to collapse on its 75th anniversary.

At least my company is doing a sensible staggered reopening of the office in June.
By WTF?
Membership Days
Thank you for the tips, fellow connoisseurs :wink:

@ Oblomov, I was aware of Old Golden Hen but, as you suspect, it is not widely distributed in this neck of the woods. I'll bet it would be if Sir K was PM. Got to give Bojo credit where it's due: he can fuck a thing up by osmosis.

@ DavidJay, Oakham sounds exactly like the sort of thing I'm looking for. I shall keep my eyes peeled.

@ Boiler, Might I recommend Brewdog's Mr President?

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /292501456

Don't be deterred by all the Star Spangled bullshit. It has bugger all to do with Trump, it tastes lovely and is 9.2% per unit volume.

Citrusy hops for the win :D
Oblomov liked this

By Oblomov
Apologies I can’t remember more brews for you, I do favour a golden ale on a pub trip (in the good old days[tm]!) but those days of being the wanker scribbling his tasting notes down are way behind me, I just locate which tap is luring the thing I want and ask for that so very few names stay with me now!

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Citrusy hops for the win
Citrus hops. Now *there's* something that should fuck off back where it came from. What moron decided beer would be better if it tasted like grapefruit juice?

Mutter mutter moan drone.
WTF?, lord_kobel liked this
Boris Johnson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElrVDMMX0AwRz0e?forma[…]

US election 2020

It won't be resolved by morning. Trump won't co[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't know what his regular pay was. But whateve[…]

Winterval Bingo

Finally, their beloved traditional Christmas is un[…]