•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Masks. It's all about managing risk. Why wouldn't you?

At this point, I'll throw in a mea culpa or two.

Sometimes, I don't wear a seat belt when flitting from shop to shop, I zipped up the street tonight on my scooter for about 70 meters without my helmet, I drink too much, I smoke, and the odd Class A escapade falls firmly in to the category of not possibly being able to comment. Even at this ripe, old age.

Thing is, I know the risks, they are my risks, and I am prepared to take them. On the other hand, I have simply no idea whether anyone is infected, asymptomatic with the Plague or whether I am. I, and everyone else, wears a mask in public.

For fuck's fucking sake, this is Kreuzberg 36. We were under martial law a couple of decades ago, we can get 2,000 people on to the streets at 7am if the cops are noising up the refugees, and 16,000 in to a blockade if the AfD even think of setting foot in our borough. We roll over for no one.

Mask wearing in shops and on public transport is legally mandated but, here, there appears to be a different dynamic. It is solidarity. Nae cunt has ever leapt to our rescue in the past so we need to, now more than ever, remain shoulder-to-shoulder.

I have written before about the non-compliant kids and the trustafarians who were essentially ignoring every health advice but the 68-ers, who still carry a big community stick round here, are calling them out. So much so, that a twatty yank was huckled, maskless, out of our wee neighbourhood supermarket this evening.

What's the problem in the UK?
The Red Arrow, Zuriblue liked this

By davidjay
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:43 pm
Masks. It's all about managing risk. Why wouldn't you?

At this point, I'll throw in a mea culpa or two.

Sometimes, I don't wear a seat belt when flitting from shop to shop, I zipped up the street tonight on my scooter for about 70 meters without my helmet, I drink too much, I smoke, and the odd Class A escapade falls firmly in to the category of not possibly being able to comment. Even at this ripe, old age.

Thing is, I know the risks, they are my risks, and I am prepared to take them. On the other hand, I have simply no idea whether anyone is infected, asymptomatic with the Plague or whether I am. I, and everyone else, wears a mask in public.

For fuck's fucking sake, this is Kreuzberg 36. We were under martial law a couple of decades ago, we can get 2,000 people on to the streets at 7am if the cops are noising up the refugees, and 16,000 in to a blockade if the AfD even think of setting foot in our borough. We roll over for no one.

Mask wearing in shops and on public transport is legally mandated but, here, there appears to be a different dynamic. It is solidarity. Nae cunt has ever leapt to our rescue in the past so we need to, now more than ever, remain shoulder-to-shoulder.

I have written before about the non-compliant kids and the trustafarians who were essentially ignoring every health advice but the 68-ers, who still carry a big community stick round here, are calling them out. So much so, that a twatty yank was huckled, maskless, out of our wee neighbourhood supermarket this evening.

What's the problem in the UK?
You're foreign, therefore you're wrong.

By Kreuzberger
Me, an hour ago. I popped down to the Pizza-Späti for a beer.
Attachments
me-in-the-last-hour.jpg
me-in-the-last-hour.jpg (90.23 KiB) Viewed 972 times

By Andy McDandy
Funny thing being, look at the number of masks at your average EDL or BF rally.

Choice, I guess. Nobody tells us what to do, even if it's "don't run out into the traffic". Said it before, but people who topped out emotionally and intellectually at 14 and never got over it.

By Andy McDandy
I go for 14 because at least in my school experience that was when rote learning was replaced with actual thinking (classic example being that geography goes from colouring in countries and remembering capitals to knowing what things are), and that the nerds began to seriously outpace the toughs.

But yes, in many cases 7 is accurate.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The point I was making was that along with the development of a sense of self there is also the development of a sense of 'other' - empathy - in which the individual recognises and takes into account the needs and wants of others. That is so sadly lacking in many people who have never developed, or had instilled, the trait. They are still in the child-narcissist stage.

See here: https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog ... ture-adult

That is the type of person our current society has encouraged and rewarded. Not Cincinnatus.

It is a case where you really can blame the parents.

By KevS
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:49 am
Is this just part of what seems to be a general increase in selfish behaviour though, or is my age imagining it?
Thatcher generation, isn't it? Forgive the broad strokes, but the 50-75 year olds who seem to be at the forefront of this attitude were in their late twenties and thirties when she was in charge, and therefore possibly benefitted most from the "fuck everyone else" theory.

The difference is that they've now taken that attitude to extreme because nobody stopped them. We've even said here on occasion that it's difficult to imagine that we'd be as fucked as we are now if Bonkers Mags was in charge. Brexit wouldn't have happened as the single market was her creation, and she'd have wanted to reform it from within. Having a scientific background, her approach to Covid would have been different as well. And Cummings would have been punted out the door before he'd got on the A1.

But, she sowed. And now we reap.

I remain hopeful that this is temporary though. The youngsters, for all the grief they get from their elders and alleged betters seem mostly to have their heads screwed on right (although obviously there still are a certain amount of little scrotes), and provided they keep those attitudes, things will improve in time as they replace those older.

When will this be? Ten years, I reckon. Might be sooner if Starmer wins in 2024,, might even see signs of it depending what happens in the US in November.

By Abernathy
For me, the issue of whether or not to wear face-covering is now resolved. I was, back in the early days of the pandemic/lockdown, skeptical of the benefits of wearing a mask, having scoured the relevant information and expert opinion on the matter, but finally, it's clear, and really simple, that if almost everybody covers their faces when on public transport or in indoors situations, it can only be to the benefit of all, as the payback in terms of reducing the infection rate is tangible. I've always known that the benefit of face-covering as a personal protective measure is negligible, but that really is beside the point.

Given that the benefits of mandatory face-covering in public are now so clearly defined and obvious, I'm at a loss to understand either our shit-fucked government's continuing reluctance to render the use of masks mandatory, or the arsehole mostly libertarian arguments put forward by mostly Murrikan fuckwits against being required to wear a face covering.
Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

https://twitter.com/JohnOBrennan2/status/131831500[…]

US election 2020

The Governor of Iowa isn't up for re-election this[…]

Daily Telegraph

Julie should be clearing up on the populist rentag[…]

The Trump Presidency

Ouch. END OUR NATIONAL CRISIS The Case Again[…]