•  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:38 am
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 am
Thy're in a quandry. On the one hand, they love liberty. On the other, they love everyone (else) making a sacrifice
and pulling together in a national emergency.

They've cracked this moral quandary thats puzzled political philosophers for centuries

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The health secretary told MPs the death rate among sales assistants was 75% higher amongst men and 60% higher amongst women than in the general population. “We must keep our shop keepers safe,” he said.

“In recent weeks we have reopened retail and footfall is rising. We want to give people more confidence to shop safely and enhance protection for those who work in shops.
So why the fuck are we waiting 11 days?

I really hope the eventual commission on the mishandling of this crisis has the power to level criminal charges for corporate manslaughter.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:39 pm
The health secretary told MPs the death rate among sales assistants was 75% higher amongst men and 60% higher amongst women than in the general population. “We must keep our shop keepers safe,” he said.

“In recent weeks we have reopened retail and footfall is rising. We want to give people more confidence to shop safely and enhance protection for those who work in shops.
So why the fuck are we waiting 11 days?

I really hope the eventual commission on the mishandling of this crisis has the power to level criminal charges for corporate manslaughter.
It'll be ignored/deemed not in the public interest/given the Arcuri/Russia treatment.

By spoonman
I made a similar argument years back concerning the smoking ban...

"Look, like most people I enjoy a good wank now and again for calming the nerves and it's pleasurable too, but I'm not going to be either whipping my cock out or putting my hand down my jeans while in the pub in front of everyone, never mind the mess afterwards..."

By Kreuzberger
Boiler wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:36 pm
That's clearly 'shopped. That image of Ms Dogshit was taken long before paper was invented.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I’m losing the plot here. Gove on Sunday morning said mask wearing was voluntary common sense but now its not and we can fined? Boris has a rebellion of libertarian cranks on his hand but they’ve nowhere to go due to Farage making the first sensible statement in his career that wearing masks is a no brainer.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
‪I don’t want to believe top government medical advisers couldn’t be trusted and weren’t motivated by scientific rigour. But pesky evidence now says otherwise and what I want to believe doesn’t count for shit
The mask fiasco shows the dangers of a ‘noble lie’

Just over 100 days ago, England’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer Jonathan Van-Tam claimed that “there is no evidence that general wearing of face masks by the public who are well affects the spread of the disease in our society.” In January, Public Health England took a break from failing to scale up testing to declare that there was “very little evidence of widespread benefit from [mask] use outside of these clinical settings”.

This, as we always knew, was untrue. Covid-19 is spread by viral shedding in the upper respiratory tract, even without symptoms. The layers of material in a mask – whether an N95, surgical or cloth mask – make it extremely difficult for a viral particle to escape. It is like putting a very drunk person into a maze. They are more likely to bounce around the walls and collapse in a heap than find their way out. https://capx.co/the-masks-fiasco-shows- ... noble-lie/

By Bones McCoy
Masks have become the latest touchstone of the contrarian alt-right.
Their little shibboleth to stand out as "special ones" with exclusive knowledge.

It's net even necessary to examine the science to know what a bunch of bloggers like Delingpole, Young, O'Contrary and Oakshott want you to think.

Meanwhile it's good training for the new recruits.
There have been a surprising number of "early callers" to radio phone-ins expounding "Freeeeedom!!!" in the unmistakably whiny phrasing one has come to recognise from the cause celebres of the last few weeks.
* Why can't I golf when shops are open?
* All lives matter?

I know she's lost the whip already, but Christ. Ho[…]

Boris Johnson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElrVDMMX0AwRz0e?forma[…]

US election 2020

It won't be resolved by morning. Trump won't co[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't know what his regular pay was. But whateve[…]