•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
"I will do whatever it takes..."
I love it when idiots talk big without thinking it through.

Should something go horribly wrong could this be used by a prosecution Counsel as a statement of intent, thus changing a tragic accident into premeditated murder, for example?

I sure hope so.
mattomac liked this

By Oblomov
What's he going to do, plant sea mines on the route or launch torpedoes at the dinghies trying to cross?
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:22 am
What's he going to do, plant sea mines on the route or launch torpedoes at the dinghies trying to cross?
Something about nets, according to the morning's news.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:57 am
"I will do whatever it takes..."
I love it when idiots talk big without thinking it through.

Should something go horribly wrong could this be used by a prosecution Counsel as a statement of intent, thus changing a tragic accident into premeditated murder, for example?

I sure hope so.

A person in his position should know that but experience and brains aren’t Johnson’s hiring criteria
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:26 am
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:22 am
Something about nets, according to the morning's news.
Y'know I bet the Navy wish they'd thought of that in 1939.

Oh wait - they did. And decided it was impossible...
Oblomov liked this
You'll be "targeting every step of the journey", eh?

With half of those steps being in French waters, I think that it is safe to conclude that Dan is a bit of a twat.

By Timbo
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Sadly, the French will go along with it. They are very keen to avoid doing anything that officially acknowledges the existence of individuals trying to migrate through their territory, lest they become responsible for them.
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Mail recently gave a lot of publicity to this numpty.

Wedding DJ from Wolverhampton is behind vigilante group of 20 men carrying out covert Channel 'patrols' to turn back migrant boats before they reach UK waters

When you read the story it was clear that he had not turned back a single boat but the Mail readers still thought he was some kind of hero.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Mr O’Mahoney takes up the role having served since 2019 as Director of the UK’s Joint Maritime Security Centre (JMSC) where he was responsible for bringing together 15 agencies involved in Maritime Security to provide intelligence, data and situational awareness in UK waters and across the globe.

The above a cut and paste from Gov.UK on his last role. If he couldn’t achieve any success utilising all those resources, how’s he going to do it on his own. I’m guessing is that some of this used to be a European collaboration, which, for some reason we’re no longer part of
The Tories, Generally

Tories in danger of losing their cuddly image, Tim[…]

Labour, Generally.

They could do with getting that Brexit deal signe[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Lord Moron is right. We weren't alone in 1940. We […]

US election 2020

I can’t decide if this is Putin notifying Tr[…]