•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55617849

Surely they can't still hide behind claims of not knowing what they were voting for?

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:39 pm
Well...that's somebody's next column sorted...

Welcome to Brexit, sir, I’m sorry.”
Dutch officials seize ham sandwiches of drivers arriving from UK

Personal imports of meat and dairy products into EU banned since Brexit transition ended

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... sh-drivers
Watchman imagines; what would happen when he next tries to carry a box of scotch eggs back to Florida, in his hand luggage?
The Red Arrow, oboogie liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
"I feel badly let down. We paid a mortgage for 20 years to have a holiday home and a retirement bolt-hole for the winter. We're limited to just 90 days now, and that's not just for Spain, but anywhere we go in Europe on holiday. Say we cross from Newcastle to the Netherlands, that's counted.
"So you're already being restricted by time to come back into the UK. There's a lot of average working guys that have done exactly what I've done and it's just not going to be possible now. I don't think anyone expected the rug to be pulled from under them so quickly."

By ‘anyone’ he means Leave voters expecting Brexit to be done to other people not them. Because they’re English and special.
oboogie liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Not just English and special. Gullible and stupid too - they're the ones who believed the slick, glib con-artists in shiny suits who assured them everything would be tickety-boo.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Is there anything in that news item or the accompanying clip which identifies which way these people voted?

There is plenty of documented evidence that reassured them, however they voted in the forthcoming referendum, that the Vienna Convention would see their existing rights guaranteed.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
I thought the whole point of Brexit was to prevent the free movement of gammon.

By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:26 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:39 pm
Well...that's somebody's next column sorted...

Welcome to Brexit, sir, I’m sorry.”
Dutch officials seize ham sandwiches of drivers arriving from UK

Personal imports of meat and dairy products into EU banned since Brexit transition ended

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... sh-drivers
Watchman imagines; what would happen when he next tries to carry a box of scotch eggs back to Florida, in his hand luggage?
Poor guy will have to smuggle them up his arse.

By spoonman
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 pm
Not my Brexit, part 94. Hoey voted down May's deal. What did she think the alternative was on NI?

As my grandad would say, "There's wiser eating grass."

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 pm
Not my Brexit, part 94. Hoey voted down May's deal. What did she think the alternative was on NI?

The Trump Presidency

Or "Donald 'Fucking Off' Trump"?

The Biden Presidency.

Tears at Armsteen Towers.

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Ah, this is about Rosie. I thought at the time tha[…]

"Boris" Johnson

Will grease actually adhere to that oleaginous cop[…]