Say hi! New or old, let us welcome you here
Forum rules: Welcome new folks! This forum is for you to start a topic to introduce yourself, so we can get to know you. Please note, the rules here are stricter - be nice to new people!
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By catscradle
...Am using this template I found here to introduce myself

Kids?: Two grown girls, one little boy who is no longer with us :(
Papers you read: Guardian
Online news sources: Guardian and various links from Facebook. I read very widely when it comes to news
Sum up the Mail in 5 words: Dog whistles and provocative tripe
Political party: Back to Labour since Mr Corbyn's leadership. (I left during the Blair years)
Favourite food: Homemade, slow cooking. I love fish and vegetables
Favourite drink: Water
Favourite book(s): Biographies, non fiction. The complete works of Sylvia Townsend Warner
Favourite band/artist: Bowie, Dylan, PJ Harvey, Nick Cave
Favourite album: Currently Blackstar and Diamond Dogs
Favourite song: P J Harvey, "Let England Shake"
Favourite film: Rumblefish
Football team: Spurs
The Mail likes me because: White, employed, middle class, homeowner.
The Mail hates me because: I am a nurse, I enjoy working with Eastern Europeans

My statement about sausages (for Malcolm) I love most sausages, fried very slowly with caramelised onions. I used to enjoy Porkinsons but can no longer source them.

I make a mean homemade scotch egg

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Dorset! Bowie! Scotch egg maker! What's not to like? Welcome aboard, comrade! :D
Last edited by The Red Arrow on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Welcome aboard, Ms Scrade, or may I call you Cat?
Shame about the Porkinsons, they're not at all bad. My current fave are artisanal sossidges from Scotts' Charcuterie in Carshalton-sur-Mer. Tendance Northumberland.

By catscradle
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Welcome aboard, Ms Scrade, or may I call you Cat?
Shame about the Porkinsons, they're not at all bad. My current fave are artisanal sossidges from Scotts' Charcuterie in Carshalton-sur-Mer. Tendance Northumberland.
We have]"Sausage Factory" in Weymouth, they do some damn fine sausages. Yes, you may call me Cat.

Thanks for the welcomes, my heart is warmed. I actually joined a long time ago but thought I had been rejected as I never got an activation email. Have read here endlessly, many a sleepless night has been enlivened by "Sad faces of wronged Mail readers" Better than any sleeping pill :D

By Kreuzberger
catscradle wrote: Favourite album: Currently Blackstar and Diamond Dogs
Great shout. Two works of absolute genius. The latter made by a 26 year-old on enough drugs to kill him and the former conceived by a man nearing his seventieth birthday, riddled with cancer and on enough diamorphine that he could barely hold his phone. DD has been on my playlist for forty years and Black Star has been on loop since The Day of Execution.
catscradle wrote: I make a mean homemade scotch egg
Pictures or it doesn't happen :wink:

By bluebellnutter
Great to see ya. I roomed with a guy at Uni from Dorset, he used to rave about Dorset sausages.

We definitely didn't make jokes about his love of Dorset sausage which were both immature and offensive. No sir. Not once. You can't prove anything.
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
Warm welcome to you Cats Cradle.

You will find plenty foma here. :P :P
Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

"I was saying Boo-ris."

Dominic Cummings

Jenrick on Today. Oh dear me. Lots of insisting[…]

The Tories, Generally

To be fair, he wasn't there though.

The Trump Presidency

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52815552