Archive of old topics pre-October 2007. PM a mod to get one reopened
  •  
By Mr Mordon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Meanwhile, here's how to deal with the unruly:
Quote:
Posted by: davey, bournemouth on 3:43pm Fri 17 Aug 07
Get some tear gas, arrest them all, shove them in a net until the parents come collect them and pay a fine if they are under 18 or change them if they are over 18

If only that were possible at least there would be a saturdays peace while its all sorted.
A NET?!? WTF :shock:
By bairy
Get some tear gas,
From wiki:
"Tear gas is a non-specific term for any chemical that is used to cause temporary incapacitation through irritation of eyes and/or respiratory system".
I'm not sure on the specifics but I should imagine asthma sufferers will be well chuffed.
arrest them all, shove them in a net
"'ang on guv, I'll just get the net out the van"
until the parents come collect them and pay a fine if they are under 18
Because all parents are instantly available and have cash on them to pick up their now-gassed kids. And what if the kids are, say, 12 anyway? And considering how nets work, how do you propose to get individual people out of it, especially when they might be disoriented?
or change them if they are over 18
Nice typo there davey. Just proves that you banged your message out and didn't even re-read it to see how utterly obsurd it is.
By Mr Mordon
Latest from Moaning Mike:

No. 1 - BBC Bashing (one of his favorites)
Rumours were going round this week that the BBC might be thinking of scrapping a TV channel to save money, and BBC3 or BBC4 were being suggested as possible victims. Might I as someone who rather appreciates those two digital channels put forward the name of BBC World as an alternative?

Those who holiday abroad will know that this is often the only English-language channel to be found on the set in their hotel or apartment, and it's tedious almost beyond belief.

The same stories go round and round, in depth and at length from parts of the globe you couldn't care less about. If you want to know what's happening back home in the UK, you can more or less forget it unless it's a massive story like the July 2005 bombings.

And when it comes to weather-forecast time the presenter does a rapid global gallop which is so general as to be practically useless: raining in Japan, snowing in Russia, bit windy across the northern United States, that sort of thing.

BBC World tries, on a limited budget, to be all things to all the world. As far as this viewer at least is concerned, it doesn't succeed.
No 2 - 'yuman rites' bashing
Yet another much-loved family man has died after confronting youths who were damaging his property.

Garry Newlove, below, father of three teenage daughters in Warrington, joins the ever-growing list of people who have become victims for daring to challenge the behaviour of the feral, low-life scum who are making life a nightmare for residents of so many Britain's streets.

There's a section of a whole generation running out of control and beyond redemption. If they can't be culled (which would be by far the most effective solution) they need to be tamed.

Never mind 100 hours of community service, six months' youth custody or an ASBO (surely one of the most useless law-enforcement measures ever devised).

The punishment for these losers must be made so grim, tough and prolonged (whatever the human-rights bleeding hearts might have to say about it) that it acts as a real deterrent rather than a mere slap on the wrist.

If that doesn't happen, I'm afraid there'll be a growing number of Garry Newloves in the future.
Thankfully he didn't bring up capital punishment, often his answer to everything

Redeems himself a bit here
But then having a young generation that thinks and challenges wouldn't suit the people in power, would it? They don't like that sort of thing (witness the Establishment reaction to this week's protest over plans to make Heathrow Airport even bigger and even more damaging to the environment).

No, they'd rather have them worrying about the goings-on in the Big Brother house instead - while their parents and grandparents are kept distracted mourning the death of Elvis 30 years ago.
Not quite sure what hes getting at with that last bit :?
By Mr Mordon
Latest from Moaning Mike:

Mike has been faily sensible in his comments this week actually, he has a predictable bash at the human rites act but in a more well argued way than usual and critisises the excessive profits of private companies.

Link below for those interested:
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/f ... priestley/
By sigma
Membership Days Membership Days
Mr Mordon wrote:Might I as someone who rather appreciates those two digital channels put forward the name of BBC World as an alternative?
Those who pay any attention would also note that BBC World is commercially funded and is not intended as a way for British people to see what is going on in the mothership.
By Adam
sigma wrote:
Mr Mordon wrote:Might I as someone who rather appreciates those two digital channels put forward the name of BBC World as an alternative?
Those who pay any attention would also note that BBC World is commercially funded and is not intended as a way for British people to see what is going on in the mothership.
Don't most of them use the Mail?
By Kate
I had the misfortune to read a copy of the Western Morning News (aka the Wet 'n' Boring News) at my dad's house yesterday.

The letters page alone seemed to be the entire membership of UKIP having a right old moan. Sadly the South West is a hotbed for them, mostly retired types with too much time on their hands.
By Zinoviev's Ghost
Hope I'm not mentioning something that is common knowledge here, but the Daily Mail's parent company (DMGT) own loads of local newspapers.

Just as I can't get one single comment of any opinion listed on the Mail's website, I've not been able to get letters published in my local paper. Probably because that would mean less room for endless whining about the tram lines depressing property values or the EU jackboot stamping on kittens or something.
Reasonably epic Mail Fail

Interesting that some of the replies to the top-[…]

Roll Call

Ever been to the Mort Subite bar in Brussels? […]

Boris Johnson

That's one scary feed. Got to be a piss-taker, s[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Jesus wept.