Archive of old topics pre-October 2007. PM a mod to get one reopened
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Posts
bairy wrote:It takes a large amount of effort to accessiblise a website, I very much doubt it would be enforced since 95%+ of websites would be sued.

Hence my sense of morbid curiosity'd like to see what'd happen if they were challenged, since newspapers're likely to get more hits than universities, local councils and the like - which do tend to follow the DDA as a matter of course.
By bairy
Membership Days Posts
I would say that it wouldn't and shouldn't hold up in court. That's from a technical point of view. Of course disabled people have the right to view websites too, but since it's so tricky to implement, I don't think it should be enforced until the web standards (that's an actual set of standards, rather than just a phrase) improve further.

If a newspaper gets done then you suddenly have this whole wide open what should be/what shouldn't be accessibilised debate.

The problem with implementing accessability is with dynamically generated pages, i.e. most of the web, it can be a real git to put it and make work with every possibly page you might have, so making it compulsory would be a huge headache for web developers, and we get enough headaches with making pages work in all the browsers - no more needed ta!

Just to clarify what I mean by accessibility.. being able to make the text larger without breaking the design, making the page a logical flow so audio readers can read it properly, having different colour schemes (white on black, black on white) for people with bad sight.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Posts
Like I said: purely morbid curiosity, since these things can be a little unpredictable.
SPOTY

I'd imagine Froome being caught with his glow on d[…]

It passes the time on the drives to work, although[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

From the Guardian at https://www.theguardian.com/p[…]

Theresa May

Let's not forget that she could have secured her j[…]