•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Beast of Bolsover
Membership Days
NOW CUPS OF TEA ARE BANNED BY PC ZEALOTS

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/198 ... s#comments

Well ,not exactly banned , just you can't drink it in the same area as the toddlers running around . I think I would be irked but then realise it's bloody sensible , especially when you have a look at scalding figures

Statistics from the Child Accident Prevention Trust show that every year, over 40,000 children are injured in burn and scald accidents with over 28,000 being under five years old. Hot liquids cause 70% of all thermal injuries (injuries caused by heat) to children and the most common single cause of scalds is hot drinks.

Lizzie's Accident Book Launch at Haywards HeathFirefighters are promoting the book within the community. Liz Turnbull, community education officer for the Children`s Fire & Burn Trust and co-author of the book, said: “In the course of our work with the children’s ward at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead, we have learnt that large numbers of children under the age of four are being injured with hot tea, coffee and bath water. We have been working to warn parents and carers of the dangers of hot liquids and have written a short story to get the message across. Please remember – hot water burns like fire.”

Lizzie, the book’s inspiration, was just 13 months old when she was accidentally burnt by a tray of tea and coffee cups at a mother and toddler group. She suffered severe scalding and now lives with significant scarring.

source: www.childrensfireandburntrust.org.uk

I hope you got the last paragraph .

These are the kids they are talking about . You wouldn't be daft enough to wear super expensive clothes to a playgroup (I hope) .Why ?Because it would be asking for trouble . You are not going to get a dartboard in the corner either ( yeah , that's taking it too far ) . And yet the parents here are , according to the Express , moaning about this .Big deal . You can still have your cuppa , just not where there are loads of 2 foot tall sized evil bastards running around. If someone did get scalded , then you can bet a compensation claim would be in and then it would be moans about "compensation culture" . While we are at it , what the fuck has this got to do with political correctness ? I know it's the beloved saintly cuppa , it is elf 'n'saftey (hello Littlejohn ) but with good cause . Is it now acceptable to use politically correct( a fine abused term in the first place) as a general "ooooooohhhhhh.....that's bad" scary fuck monsters are going to get you phrase. Let's try shall we...."Plumber come quick my pipes have gone politically correct and there is water everywhere" ...." Yes Doctor , I ate some bad prawns and now my stomach feels all politically correct". Fucking eejits.

The readers comments are of course a troglodyte's paradise

Right on Elgar1857, my relatives in Scotland gripe and moan over all the crazyness and then go out and vote for the party responsible. Who do the people think passes all the nutty laws and PC Rules?

• Posted by: r35 •

Failure to engage brain and a political swipe.

It must be time for a nationwide culling of the jobsworths
They cannot leave the British cuppa alone,it has been our salvation during many trying times,with a lot of children hollering,crying etc. I would think the good old cuppa, our panacea to cure all ilss and defuse the tension would be more than werlcome.
Jobsworths.... SHUT IT..... you are all getting on our nerves.j

• Posted by: Maggie •

...............................................argle bargle fargle bargle........

WHO ON EARTH ARE THESE PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY COME FROM, ARE THEY REALLY HUMAN BEINGS, OR
PROGRAMMED ROBOT`S, BET THEY WOULD NOT HAVE THE GUT`S TO GO TO A 24HR DRINKING PUB AND TRY TO PULL THEY SAME STUNT

• Posted by: ANNR •

Not only an impression of Alan Partridge , but a comparison between kids , tea and playgroups..................and a pub.Well done. Well done you.

In the meantime lets go after the real dangers out there like electric lines and phones and er cancer giving toxins and brown stuff ....mam said she knew about cos she's a medical person cos er she and something like and it was in the paper.Jobsworths.... SHUT IT..... you are all getting on our nerves.

By Esqui
Membership Days Posts
I love tea. I really do. So why anyone would waste it by spilling it on a small child is beyond me.

By Run
Membership Days
Chris wrote:I love tea. I really do. So why anyone would waste it by spilling it on a small child is beyond me.

I just find it convenient. If there's a small child nearby and i happen to have a cup of tea, it's easier to use the one i've got rather than brewing a new cup of tea just for child-scalding purposes. Besides, by the time i've made one, the child might no longer be nearby.

By Dimmimar
Membership Days
Yes, I had the misfortune of reading that article the other day in a perusal of the Express in a tea shop in Exeter. I came to the same conclusions too. Sometimes, all you have to do is read between the lines.
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Ah, I dunno that it's even that limited. I've neve[…]

Momentum

I will now lay my cards on the table and tell you […]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]