•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By bairy
Membership Days Posts
The Daily Mail are pussies compared to this front page

I like the way they think the story so important that they give it a gigantic font, yet it doesn't qualify for pages 2 and 3.

And "Iran Praz", very professional.

By Esqui
Membership Days Posts
They don't like him then? And I agree, Bairy, using the word "prez" takes down the entire tone of the page.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Posts
I did a double-take when I saw the BBC screen a news stand full of New York headlines, too - and yes, that on stood out. :(

I'm afraid I was fascinated by the students insisting that Mr. Ahmadinejad had his right to free speech - just not on their campus. Whatever you say about the man's politics (and I'm not agreeing with his regime for one minute), at least he's got either the ego or the nerve to argue his corner - I don't see Bush in Iran, trying to justify sabre-rattling.

Although when placed next to any of the monosyllabic, monomaniacal WASP rednecks from the current US administration (and certainly Bush), Mr. Ahmadinejad is a professional on camera and inevitably neat, quiet, erudite, well-educated and comes across as the more statesmanlike of the two in the first place.
Last edited by Samanfur on Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Dimmimar
Membership Days
To be frank, I think Ahmadinejad has a lot of nerve to go to a nation that actually lets him say what he likes. After all, I doubt Khomieni would extend the same privilege to him or any other citizen of Iran; a middle-eastern theocracy ran by some of the most hateful and barbarous people in the world.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Posts
Which he freely admitted in his speeches in New York. The bloke's got an ego the size of the US national debt and I don't agree with his policies for one single minute, but there's no denying that he's got nerve.

By TripeHoundRedux
Membership Days
Samanfur wrote:the monosyllabic, monomaniacal WASP rednecks from the current US administration

Got to say, you're conflating two groups there: The admin is made up of some WASPs (though not as many as there used to be) a whole bunch of Beltway types and a few Good Ol’ Boys from Austin who were voted in by Rednecks, and at the nominal top of the dung heap is a WASP who pretends to be a Redneck. :wink:

Spot on about Shrub's monosyllabic nature (though often even those give him a hard time)

By mattomac
Membership Days Posts
The evil wouldn't of been voted in if we hadn't of stirred tensions in Iraq.

By Esqui
Membership Days Posts
Still, at least I didn't read of any cunts calling him "I'm a dinner jacket"
By Adrian
Membership Days Posts
TripeHoundRedux wrote:
Samanfur wrote:the monosyllabic, monomaniacal WASP rednecks from the current US administration

Got to say, you're conflating two groups there: The admin is made up of some WASPs (though not as many as there used to be) a whole bunch of Beltway types and a few Good Ol’ Boys from Austin who were voted in by Rednecks, and at the nominal top of the dung heap is a WASP who pretends to be a Redneck. :wink:

Spot on about Shrub's monosyllabic nature (though often even those give him a hard time)

I always thought WASP was the organisation from Stingray. I'm confused...

By Beast of Bolsover
Membership Days
The real power in Iran is with the Ayatollahs , namely the Supreme Leader and the Council of Guardians . It is they that prevented any real reforms under a previous administration , as well as blocking many reformists from standing at the next election . This political engineering was further compounded by a boycott by many reformists and voters.
As to his views and life in Iran , yes there is a great deal to be angry about .The wipe Israel off the map thing is a mistranslation and doesn't help . He is talking of an end to a Jewish state entity , not it's peoples . This is as he sees it not as Israel but as Palestine . When he talks of Jews there he has talked of Palestinian Jews , so I suppose what he seeks is a multi faith state , unlikely a thing happening as that may seem to be(see link below ). He has not helped himself with the whole holocaust thing ,and it is a widespread belief in the region , many do not know of it, and all sides in the region produce vile propaganda/misconceptions . The key thing to understand is the running sore of the Israel/Palestine debate and there is a lot of misinformation/distortions out there with regards to history/agents of the region . If I was Iran I would probably want the bomb considering Israel nearby , and they see no reason as to why they should not be allowed nuclear power . Although they have some oil reserves apparently , it will not last forever.
I not pro the man or the current regime , but nor am I pro let's go blow the fucknuts out of the A-rabs .In fact that would only probably serve to unite people behind the regime and continue to confirm their feelings to the west which has interfered and pissed about with the country to an criminal level . Ironically , I don't see a great deal of difference between him and Bush when all is said and done , except Ahmadinejad is not invading countries , causing deaths on anywhere near the same scale and is more erudite.

A recent article where he gives a speech and response to criticism.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/202820.php

EDIT....an excellent criticism of human rights as opposed to the focus on Iranian foreign policy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-sedae ... 65843.html?
Last edited by Beast of Bolsover on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By TripeHoundRedux
Membership Days
Adrian wrote:
TripeHoundRedux wrote:

I always thought WASP was the organisation from Stingray. I'm confused...

White
Anglo
Saxon
Protestant

East Coast (well Boston and New York really) patricians. Tend to talk with their teeth clenched and have names like Muffy. They are the antithesis of Rednecks though they may vote for the same people. And in fact have much the same national origins.

Another term associated with them is Country Club Republicans; the rich establishment rather than those who vote GOP because Jesus wants them to.
SPOTY

I'd imagine Froome being caught with his glow on d[…]

It passes the time on the drives to work, although[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

From the Guardian at https://www.theguardian.com/p[…]

Theresa May

Let's not forget that she could have secured her j[…]