Archive of old topics pre-October 2007. PM a mod to get one reopened
By bairy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I don't really have the energy to read a wide enough range of sources to make an informed decision so I was hoping we could pool our opinions and make a relatively fair assessment of what Britain is really like today.

The mail reckons it's a police state asylum free for all with gun epidemics, health epidemics and generally we're all going to die of something yesterday.

I don't believe it's that bad by any means but that's basically because I think the Mail is a spinning lying sack of horseshit, rather than because I have evidence to the contrary.

So, anyone with some insight?
By Dimmimar
Membership Days Membership Days
We're living in an era where you can vote freely, express your opinions freely, women and men are equal in the eyes of law and society, homosexuality is tolerated and is given equal recognition in marriage laws, where we live in one of the richest nations in the world and everyone has access to a huge, vast repository of information and education. Forget the halcyon days of the British Empire in the 1800's, this is the golden age.
By Forsythia
Membership Days Membership Days
Dimmimar wrote:We're living in an era where you can vote freely, express your opinions freely, women and men are equal in the eyes of law and society, homosexuality is tolerated and is given equal recognition in marriage laws, where we live in one of the richest nations in the world and everyone has access to a huge, vast repository of information and education. Forget the halcyon days of the British Empire in the 1800's, this is the golden age.

Damn liberals.
By Adam
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Dimmimar wrote:We're living in an era where you can vote freely, express your opinions freely, women and men are equal in the eyes of law and society, homosexuality is tolerated and is given equal recognition in marriage laws, where we live in one of the richest nations in the world and everyone has access to a huge, vast repository of information and education. Forget the halcyon days of the British Empire in the 1800's, this is the golden age.
Yes, but there's too many brown people and we're not allowed to drive as fast as we want. It's an outrage.
Labour, Generally.

Ian Lavery was on TV this evening doing his Plain-[…]

Labour Policies 2019/20

A thread to discuss the several policies which wil[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, I suggested taking the batteries out and l[…]

The Today Programme

He already has a Mail column, doesn't he?