Archive of old topics pre-October 2007. PM a mod to get one reopened
  •  
  •  
By bairy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I can only imagine the 'real solutions' they come up with involve a shovel, a dark night and a drive to the woods.

They can't possibly be thinking diplomatic solutions since they seem to hate and distrust the police too much.

Of course if they spent as much time and energy contributing to real neighbourhood watch schemes as they do to whining, they could probably make a real difference.
By bairy
I understand what you're aiming for but you need to be careful.

Bearing in mind you've practically nicked Albert's name for your username, you may come across as too fanatically charged. i.e. you may discredit yourself to some people.

Push ahead of course, just don't come across as loony as he does :P
By Raskolnikov
Membership Days Membership Days
yup I did think that afterwards. I didn't expect to write more than once. It was only when I got a response from others that perhaps I didn't expect that I felt a bit derailed. anyhoo, it keeps me occupied and I do have a slight connection with Derby so I do not feel a total fraud.

He's now banned members signing up by proxy servers so he is learning.
By Raskolnikov
Intresting cache of Mr H's help request from proboards
http://support.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 617&page=1

So he could change password but not now!
Also he sought help over blocking proxy. answer:nope!

His site is a bit boring now apart from looking at which posts he has edited.

No posts in DM since October. I've had 3 since then! If you need any advice Aldert, give me a buzz.

http://support.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 422&page=1
By sven945
Raskolnikov wrote:Intresting cache of Mr H's help request from proboards
http://support.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 617&page=1

So he could change password but not now
That's not true... Assuming it's like phpBB, admins can change passwords anyway (they can't see original passwords, but they can set them to anything they like). I doubt they'd have taken away admin powers to change passwords, since it's a very important feature in case someone forgets their password and for some reason can't use the password recovery feature.

Presumably the system allowed admins to give moderators powers to set passwords, but that was disabled.
By bairy
Raskolnikov wrote:So he could change password but not now!
Albert's an admin he can do whatever he wants. He was asking if a moderator could change the passwords.
(Admin = owner(s) of board. Moderators = ability to edit and possibly delete posts in selected forums)

The proboards answer isn't too clear, but I'll assume they answered for moderators, backed up by someone at the Derby forum saying you can.

I suspect he'll still use that posting as evidence that he can't change passwords.

Raskolnikov wrote:Also he sought help over blocking proxy. answer:nope!
His post:
Forum URL: http://navigor.proboards91.com

I am having problems with a group of malicious people who are continually trying to spam my site using proxy servers.

Is there are way of detecting proxy servers, including high anonymity ones, apart from entering them into the ban list one by one?

I have limited entry to only registered users but this group are trying to hack in so as not only spam my board but delete it.
He still hasn't learnt what spam means then.
Nope, can't really ban proxies. There are certain proxies that give out certain detectable information but otherwise it's pretty much impossible.
Apparently someone tried to hack in to delete his board! That would be very wrong, but quite amusing.
By Raskolnikov
As someone a few days older than the leader of HM Opposition I find that I am in a position to answer the unscrupulous attempts by others to contend by my use of the Zimmer motif to denote frailty rather than strength. Obviously the polcy document headed, 'Old People are more of a calamity than that that guy Clegg and even that guy who used to be England goalkeeper' was not authorised by my campaign office.
Labour, Generally.

Ian Lavery was on TV this evening doing his Plain-[…]

Labour Policies 2019/20

A thread to discuss the several policies which wil[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, I suggested taking the batteries out and l[…]

The Today Programme

He already has a Mail column, doesn't he?