Archive of old topics pre-October 2007. PM a mod to get one reopened
  •  
By Antigherkin
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Shock confession: Drew not a transvestite. Officially.
Personally, I don't wear high heels, Not even when driving. My daughter and my daughter-in-law were told by their driving instructer, and myself, many moons ago, never to wear high heels whilst driving - they never do. They have a pair of flat shoes permanently in their car. I assumed that most instructers advised accordingly.

- Drew, Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway
By Paul
Ex bank manager. John o' Groats branch, population 314.

Nothing new here. Many moons ago, when I was a bank manager, we were given fairly free reign to employ staff. Every suitably qualified applicant got an interview. I would narrow them down to two or three, not by simply asking the same old questions - I used to add some deliberately, just to add to the confusion - Head Office did know. I knew all applicants were extremely nervous, I had been there once. Put them at ease and endeavour to find the true person - was my thinking. An old boss had taught me that - know what, it worked.

- Drew, Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway.

A fucking expert no less! A bit like Mr Mainwaring.
By Sealink
Membership Days Membership Days
Paul wrote:Ex bank manager. John o' Groats branch, population 314.

Nothing new here. Many moons ago, when I was a bank manager, we were given fairly free reign to employ staff. Every suitably qualified applicant got an interview. I would narrow them down to two or three, not by simply asking the same old questions - I used to add some deliberately, just to add to the confusion - Head Office did know. I knew all applicants were extremely nervous, I had been there once. Put them at ease and endeavour to find the true person - was my thinking. An old boss had taught me that - know what, it worked.

A fucking expert no less! A bit like Mr Mainwaring.
Definitely a wind up. There's no bank at John O' Groats, never has been!
By Paul
Welcome to Smoke-on-Trent... the only British city where smokers can still light up thanks to a council blunder

Good, now I know where to go for a few days break.

Now why should we not be surprised that a Council made a blunder.

a smoker huh!

another gem
I really do hate to say in this case - I told you so.
It was always going to be akin to holding the cat's backside to the fire - giving Rushdie a knighthood.
In the first place, in my opinion, he was not worthy of a knighthood, secondly, surely someone, somewhere, in the corridors of power realised this, if not, they are even dumber than I originally thought.

This is all Blair's fault. His legacy lives on.

- Frank, Bournemouth UK
with support from Frank the worldly wise.
By bairy
In the first place, in my opinion, he was not worthy of a knighthood, secondly, surely someone, somewhere, in the corridors of power realised this, if not, they are even dumber than I originally thought.
Blimey, Drew, you'll, have, the, comma, police, around.
Still, credit where it's due, he did say it was just his opinion.
The Sun

If David Cameron's memoirs are so poor why did a[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7471163[…]

Boris Johnson

^^This. All along the Tories have kept saying &quo[…]

The LibDems, generally

Is Swinson safe from the SNP in her seat? She ou[…]