Archive of old topics pre-October 2007. PM a mod to get one reopened
  •  
By Antigherkin
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Shock confession: Drew not a transvestite. Officially.
Personally, I don't wear high heels, Not even when driving. My daughter and my daughter-in-law were told by their driving instructer, and myself, many moons ago, never to wear high heels whilst driving - they never do. They have a pair of flat shoes permanently in their car. I assumed that most instructers advised accordingly.

- Drew, Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway
By Paul
Ex bank manager. John o' Groats branch, population 314.

Nothing new here. Many moons ago, when I was a bank manager, we were given fairly free reign to employ staff. Every suitably qualified applicant got an interview. I would narrow them down to two or three, not by simply asking the same old questions - I used to add some deliberately, just to add to the confusion - Head Office did know. I knew all applicants were extremely nervous, I had been there once. Put them at ease and endeavour to find the true person - was my thinking. An old boss had taught me that - know what, it worked.

- Drew, Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway.

A fucking expert no less! A bit like Mr Mainwaring.
By Sealink
Membership Days Membership Days
Paul wrote:Ex bank manager. John o' Groats branch, population 314.

Nothing new here. Many moons ago, when I was a bank manager, we were given fairly free reign to employ staff. Every suitably qualified applicant got an interview. I would narrow them down to two or three, not by simply asking the same old questions - I used to add some deliberately, just to add to the confusion - Head Office did know. I knew all applicants were extremely nervous, I had been there once. Put them at ease and endeavour to find the true person - was my thinking. An old boss had taught me that - know what, it worked.

A fucking expert no less! A bit like Mr Mainwaring.
Definitely a wind up. There's no bank at John O' Groats, never has been!
By Paul
Welcome to Smoke-on-Trent... the only British city where smokers can still light up thanks to a council blunder

Good, now I know where to go for a few days break.

Now why should we not be surprised that a Council made a blunder.

a smoker huh!

another gem
I really do hate to say in this case - I told you so.
It was always going to be akin to holding the cat's backside to the fire - giving Rushdie a knighthood.
In the first place, in my opinion, he was not worthy of a knighthood, secondly, surely someone, somewhere, in the corridors of power realised this, if not, they are even dumber than I originally thought.

This is all Blair's fault. His legacy lives on.

- Frank, Bournemouth UK
with support from Frank the worldly wise.
By bairy
In the first place, in my opinion, he was not worthy of a knighthood, secondly, surely someone, somewhere, in the corridors of power realised this, if not, they are even dumber than I originally thought.
Blimey, Drew, you'll, have, the, comma, police, around.
Still, credit where it's due, he did say it was just his opinion.
Anneliese Dodds

I had nearly had an encounter with Shirley William[…]

Mark Francois MP

A "Never Seen Star Wars" moment, I don[…]

Meanwhile in Turkey

The Red Arrow will understand what I am rambling […]

Poppy Day bingo

Saw a bit of Vera Lynne funeral on news, a shopkee[…]