Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Captain Klutz
Membership Days Membership Days
apparently there's a proposal to change the Act of Settlement to allow left-footers and - shock, horror - first born women to ascend to the throne.

reasonable enough, no? Discrimination on religious grounds is surely not acceptable in the 21st century? The article states:
Even the Queen is said to be 'sanguine' about suggestions of reform.
Sigh. Mail readers get outraged. Maybe they think 'sanguine' means 'right pissed off'.
OH MY GOD, Henry the 8th will be turning in his grave. How can we let this Scottish unelected Goverment go ahead and do this to us, we are not a Catholic Ruled Country and should stay that way.

- Patricia, Margate Kent., 25/9/2008 9:00
Sorry, is this 2008 or 1608?
This may be the start of the next rise of another Cromwell.

- Anon, england, 25/9/2008 9:14
Don't tell me...Gordon brown aims to be Lord Protector.
All forgiven Henry VIII come back and Haunts these reformers. This is a Disgrace.

- Richard, England, 25/9/2008 9:26
Why is it a disgrace. Why should we give a toss? The Queen doesn't!
And of course the Queen has absolutely no say in this at all.

- Sarah, Britain, 25/9/2008 10:14
SHE DOESN'T CARE. SHE'S SANGUINE ABOUT IT. FFS.
There is also a new clause which states that if you have the first name of Gordon and you happen to be Prime Minister then you automatically succeed to the throne upon the death of the Monarch.

- Ernie, Thunder Bay, Canada, 25/9/2008 10:34
Ohhh...I can't read any more of this cack. 84 comments. Can there really be 84 people this stupid on the planet?

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
OH MY GOD, Henry the 8th will be turning in his grave. How can we let this Scottish unelected Goverment go ahead and do this to us, we are not a Catholic Ruled Country and should stay that way.

The first born woman isn't necesarily a Catholic is she? Pillock.
By Mr Mordon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Captain Klutz wrote:apparently there's a proposal to change the Act of Settlement to allow left-footers and - shock, horror - first born women to ascend to the throne.

Sorry, is this 2008 or 1608?
Wouldn't that cause an earthquake?
By Captain Klutz
The Mail Editorial explains why it would be disastrous to change the Act of Settlement.
allowing a Catholic on the throne would lead to the final separation of church and state, monarchy and religion.

Not to mention leaving the Church to the politically-correct ditherings of the Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, who on the very day that he endorsed Karl Marx's criticisms of the market economy, had to endure the revelation that his Church had been betting on the fall of the pound.
Surely separation of church and state would do the opposite - reduce the role of the scandalous Marxist Rowan Williams..?

The commentators dutifully fall into line
The Queen is the head of the English Church, and has been since Henry set it up, so how can a Catholic be the head of the English Church? I am against this proposed change, and I am a Catholic

- G.T, Belgium, 26/9/2008 12:11
Given that they talk about tradition and history so much, they know precious little about it. It was in the reign of Elizabeth, not Henry, that the Church of England in its final form was 'set up'.
Separation of church and State, Monarchy and religion. What an inviting prospect for New Labour. As they fade into oblivion they will consider that a job very well done, the icing on the cake of their 11 year long attack on Britain, it's people, it's history and it's traditions. What a hateful, vindictive, vile group of traitors they turned out to be.

- Callan, Liverpool, England, 26/9/2008 2:44
I can only apologise for my fellow scouser. Most of us are not fuckwits of this magnitude.
By Captain Klutz
Disgusting Liberal wrote:
Rob wrote:Maybe, I feel there will be a general swing against the monarchy as soon as that rambling, insane loon Charles becomes King.
Unlikely since even he will look sane compared with the people the moron masses elect.
and it's not as if the monarchy hasn't been represented by the person of a rambling, insane loon in the past.
The Sun

If David Cameron's memoirs are so poor why did a[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7471163[…]

Boris Johnson

^^This. All along the Tories have kept saying &quo[…]

The LibDems, generally

Is Swinson safe from the SNP in her seat? She ou[…]