Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Yeah it's shit, very shit, but I'm choosing to remain positive (because there's not enough alcohol in the flat for me to be negative). The best the tories could do with all their borrowed power was a scrape through. Same as the general election.

Boris is about to now be host of what will probably be an interesting set of olympic games complete with protests, strikes and failures. All eyes will be on him, and no amount of squeezing local news sources will cover it.

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
Our results, for your perusal:

UKIP is generally succeeding but this recent round of elections did not bring the breakthrough we want. We'll have to wait a bit longer. The interesting thing about UKIP which cannot be said of other challengers is that our vote rises like a tide. The level generally increases everywhere.

• In 2008 (the comparable point in the electoral cycle), UKIP took 98,000 votes in England. In 2012 we took over 220,000 – our vote has more than doubled since 2008.
• UKIP fielded 691 candidates this year, up from 450 in 2008.
• The average UKIP candidate had a percentage vote share of 13.8% - our highest ever.
• UKIP won 7 seats in England and 2 in Wales.
• Lisa Duffy took 61% of the vote to win the final seat in Ramsey by a landslide.
• In Rushmoor, two UKIP councillors who had joined from the Conservatives and a third UKIP councillor was also elected to complete a clean sweep in that ward.
• Piers Wauchope was elected to Tunbridge Wells council, unseating the Leader of the Council in the process.
• UKIP took its first ever councillor (above parish/town council level) in the Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire region when Ron Shepherd was elected to NE Lincolnshire Council.
• Other UKIP councillors elected were in Thurrock, Merthyr and Vale of Glamorgan.
• In Plymouth, UKIP averaged 20.6% of the vote.
• In Sheffield, UKIP achieved a first in a major UK city by taking almost 3,000 more votes than the Conservatives across the city.
• The UKIP vote seemed relatively consistent throughout the country.
• Across the country, 136 candidates finished in second place. 40 of these were in Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire alone.
• 50 candidates took more than 25% of the vote and 105 took more than 20%.
• Our vote was spread evenly throughout the country – with regions varying from a 10.5% average to 16.9%.
• UKIP took 15.3% in Conservative wards, 13.2% in Labour wards and 10.7% in Liberal Democrat wards.
• Churchill ward of Adur Council saw a UKIP candidate lose by just 1 vote.
• Young Independence’s target ward of Gorleston in Great Yarmouth saw Matthew Smith take 34.7% of the vote and miss election by just 48 votes.
• UKIP’s vote averaged 20.2% where there were just 3 candidates on the ballot paper – usually but not exclusively UKIP v Labour v Conservatives. But when 7 or more candidates were standing, the average dropped to 5.9%.
• UKIP performed better than ever before in the Metropolitan Borough Councils, averaging 11.9% where we stood on those Councils.
• More than two thirds of all UKIP candidates took more than 10% of the vote.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Yeah, keep up the good work on that front.

Next time the Tories tell people they'll let in Labour by voting for you, remind them that there was a referendum on a voting system that would have let them vote for you and have a second insurance vote for the Tories....

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
mojojojo wrote:Seeing as you took most of your votes from the Tories - well done.
Emmett Jenner wrote:UKIP took 15.3% in Conservative wards, 13.2% in Labour wards and 10.7% in Liberal Democrat wards
I'd say just that the tory party is even less attractive than usual.
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
Emmett Jenner wrote:
mojojojo wrote:Seeing as you took most of your votes from the Tories - well done.
Emmett Jenner wrote:UKIP took 15.3% in Conservative wards, 13.2% in Labour wards and 10.7% in Liberal Democrat wards
I'd say just that the tory party is even less attractive than usual.
Doesn't matter whose wards they were - who did you take the votes from? I hope we get some Kipper candidates here when we have our next council elections (although not so I can vote for them, obviously).

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
DTR wrote:Why no mention of UKIP's performance in the London elections?
:lol:
It's a separate topic. :D
By DTR
Membership Days Membership Days
Emmett Jenner wrote:
DTR wrote:Why no mention of UKIP's performance in the London elections?
:lol:
It's a separate topic. :D
See the 5 posts above yours, or did you not read the thread before posting?

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
mojojojo wrote:The BFP did well

http://edlnews.co.uk/index.php/latest-n ... on-results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stupid cunts.
Consistantly, across the board the right-wing parties which are touting the anti-immigration, anti-EU stuff have done badly.
The right-wing commentators having carefully analysed these results have concluded that the way for the Tories to improve their popularity is to be more right-wing. What could possibly go wrong?
GE 2020

Yeah, I think Jez has done quite well lately. Bett[…]

David Cameron

Compassionate conservatism: putting professionals […]

The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Externalisation of the locus of control. https://[…]