Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Big Rob
oboogie wrote: The right-wing commentators having carefully analysed these results have concluded that the way for the Tories to improve their popularity is to be more right-wing. What could possibly go wrong?

I've noticed that. The people who voted for Labour this time around will obviously be persuaded to vote Tory next time by the Tory party lunging to the right.

Perhaps this is the glimmer of hope we have been waiting for. People actually voting for the other side because of the antics of the right wing media.
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:

Perhaps this is the glimmer of hope we have been waiting for. People actually voting for the other side because of the antics of the right wing media.
I hope so. And maybe, just maybe, a lurch to the right (although that won't be far), together with the election results, will finally persuade some LDs that the game is up. Maybe it will all fall apart. Trouble is we have to put up with even more viciousness in the mean time.

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
oboogie wrote:Consistantly, across the board the right-wing parties which are touting the anti-immigration, anti-EU stuff have done badly.
The right-wing commentators having carefully analysed these results have concluded that the way for the Tories to improve their popularity is to be more right-wing. What could possibly go wrong?
I agree with you. I'm against a heavy anti-immigration policy. I won't go into it here because I know it could get messy but I'm with you on that one! I also don't think the tories will do better if they talk about immigration more.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So, as Tweeting and Trolling Officah for the Saloon Bar Irregulars, you don't actually agree with one of your party's main policy planks?
(I use the word 'plank' advisedly, by the way)

Have you told them?
By Big Rob
Emmett Jenner wrote: I agree with you. I'm against a heavy anti-immigration policy. I won't go into it here because I know it could get messy but I'm with you on that one! I also don't think the tories will do better if they talk about immigration more.
On the contrary.

I, for one, would sincerely love to hear your immigration policies based on sheer dipshittery.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Leaving the needy little chap aside for a moment, what do you think of this article by Mehdi Hassan in the Statesman?

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/polit ... orst-enemy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Have you told them?
Yes, and why shouldn't I? Or to put it another way. I feel my hatred of the two old parties is so intense that I'm still able to support UKIP in spite of their obsession with immigration policy.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:So, as Tweeting and Trolling Officah
NOPE. Someone else does that. I just come on here for fun.
By Big Rob
Emmett Jenner wrote:Yes, and why shouldn't I? Or to put it another way. I feel my hatred of the two old parties is so intense that I'm still able to support UKIP in spite of their obsession with immigration policy.
Your hatred is so intense that reason goes out of the window.
Emmett Jenner wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:So, as Tweeting and Trolling Officah
NOPE. Someone else does that. I just come on here for fun.
For our fun? You are quite the unwitting entertainer Emmett...

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
Big Rob wrote:
Emmett Jenner wrote:Yes, and why shouldn't I? Or to put it another way. I feel my hatred of the two old parties is so intense that I'm still able to support UKIP in spite of their obsession with immigration policy.
Your hatred is so intense that reason goes out of the window.
You might be misunderstanding just for S&G but you might be stupid so I'll bite, it's important you understand why I support UKIP. I really genuinely believe the old parties spend a lot of time doing the opposite of what people want. I don't think life should be a miserable struggle for the sake of the poor, protecting the ozone layer, fighting terrorism, international wars or supporting gigantic global corporations.

I suppose it all comes down to the question of what you think a government is for. That is possibly the area where we'll find our differences.

By Malcolm Armsteen
But Emmett, you don't really 'support' UKIP. You just mouth off about them.

That would involve years of knocking on doors, canvassing and engaging with people. A lot of reading of political history and even political theory, knowledge of the basis of democracy in this and other countries. It would involve a range of policies that actually engage with peoples' needs and might offer some of them a better life, rather than just hankering for a fantasy past that never really existed.

UKIP have one (at least) thing in common with the EDL. You think you can roll up with a few soundbites and spout in a church hall in the Home Counties like Mr Thirsty does and that people will somehow decide to give you a mandate for some unspecified programme that has mostly already been rejected. It's wishful thinking unless you do some work, create an infrastructure, get into local politics (and get more than 7% of the vote) and actually make a difference. Pure astroturf.

How much canvassing and leafletting did UKIP do in the latest elections? How much did you personally do?

You don't win elections by trolling and tweeting.

By bluebellnutter
Emmett Jenner wrote:• In Rushmoor, two UKIP councillors who had joined from the Conservatives and a third UKIP councillor was also elected to complete a clean sweep in that ward.
• Piers Wauchope was elected to Tunbridge Wells council, unseating the Leader of the Council in the process.
• UKIP took its first ever councillor (above parish/town council level) in the Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire region when Ron Shepherd was elected to NE Lincolnshire Council.
• Other UKIP councillors elected were in Thurrock, Merthyr and Vale of Glamorgan.
• In Plymouth, UKIP averaged 20.6% of the vote.
• In Sheffield, UKIP achieved a first in a major UK city by taking almost 3,000 more votes than the Conservatives across the city.
And all of these places are being pulled out of the EU tomorrow, right?

By bluebellnutter
Big Rob wrote:
Emmett Jenner wrote: I agree with you. I'm against a heavy anti-immigration policy. I won't go into it here because I know it could get messy but I'm with you on that one! I also don't think the tories will do better if they talk about immigration more.
On the contrary.

I, for one, would sincerely love to hear your immigration policies based on sheer dipshittery.
I read that as sheep-dip shittery. Which conjures up all manner of options.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Bearface wrote:
Bones McCoy wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments

Kippers out in force on the top comments.

Their conclusions:
* Unrepresentative col Labour didn't get 50% of everybody's vote.
* Electorate are a bunch of sheeple and unable to perceive UKIP's utter brilliance.
* Same old 3 parties, there is only one alternative.
Why do DM readers love the UKIP? :!:
Or: Why do UKIP Supporters spam Mailonline on selected topics?

I will not vote Tory again until they agree to let the people have a say in the future of this country regarding the complete capitulation to Europe. If that means voting Ukip then so be it.
- chaz, nottingham, 4/5/2012 18:51
Have a look at some of Nigel Farage's speeches online, will only take a few minutes. This is the man that the BBC and the newspapers are trying to hide from us. We are having the wool pulled over our eyes big time.
- Ben, Oxford, 4/5/2012 18:46
The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Externalisation of the locus of control. https://[…]

GE 2020

Even though he played a prominent role in thwar[…]

David Cameron

As Charlie Brooker pointed out, he did it in TV in[…]