Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I found it pretty disheartening.
Labour and Conservative members on Stirling Council have agreed to run the local authority together.

Both parties said their priority would be balancing the local authority's books over the next two years.

The deal comes despite the SNP returning nine councillors at last week's local election compared with Labour's eight and the Tories' four.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-18008844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I was a Stirling resident and had voted Labour, I'd be fuming to see them throwing their lot in with the Tories of all parties just to fuck over their main Scottish rival. Why vote Labour again after this? There are times when at local level, Labour seems to be more worried about warding off threats on its left (albeit not that left in the SNP's case) than it is about actually doing battle with the real enemy on the right.
That's piss poor.
Let's name and shame the fuckers.
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I found it pretty disheartening.
Labour and Conservative members on Stirling Council have agreed to run the local authority together.

Both parties said their priority would be balancing the local authority's books over the next two years.

The deal comes despite the SNP returning nine councillors at last week's local election compared with Labour's eight and the Tories' four.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-18008844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I was a Stirling resident and had voted Labour, I'd be fuming to see them throwing their lot in with the Tories of all parties just to fuck over their main Scottish rival. Why vote Labour again after this? There are times when at local level, Labour seems to be more worried about warding off threats on its left (albeit not that left in the SNP's case) than it is about actually doing battle with the real enemy on the right.
You mean Labour in Scotland (Or in Stirling for that matter), I haven't particularly seen it elsewhere and in Bradford I thought Ed Miliband's response was pretty dignified. I would if I lived in Stirling probably have disowned them myself but let's not lump the national party in with some pathetic local decision. Ironically Labour are in a sort of coalition in Wales with the Lib Dems though they have been with both the Lib Dems and Plaid in the past.

Whoever enters a coalition with Labour in Wales always seem to suffer mind.
Last edited by mattomac on Sat May 12, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Doctor Who is mostly a right load of old pish, tho[…]

Labour, Generally.

Reminds me of a line in an Austin Allegro review[…]

Mark Francois MP

I have now.... :(

Whilst on the subject of "woke", I've ju[…]