Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Apparently teachers are getting massive payouts due to injuries received in the classroom.

Story

Some good and some bad in the comments...

Is this a sighting of Big Dave, Essex?
BRING BACK THE CANE, AND STOP TEACHERS DOING LUNCH TIME PATROLS IN THE DINNER HALLS OR PAY THEM DANGER MONEY, AND YES LOOK WERE THERE GOING.
- Barry Thrift, Aristomenis Greece
By glasgowgril
Membership Days Posts
As always, 'BRING BACK THE CANE' means 'bring back the cane for everyone's children except mine'. Think of the sadface pics...

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Faces like a slapped arse?
By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
I have a horrible suspicion that some of the "BRING BACK THE CANE" shouters would like to do the caning themselves. I have an even more horrible suspicion that they'd pay for the privilege.

By mattomac
Membership Days Posts
If the school is delivering a good standard of education then I see why not, when the Mail names and shames all the private sector contractors in the employment sector (and others) fixing their job rate figures then maybe we can go somewhere.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
There are no longer "poor" teachers and there certainly are some very wealthy headteachers. Most teachers I know have second homes in France and Spain and leave for their hols as soon as school closes and stay away all summer. Alright for some!
- Penny, E Anglia, 26/4/2011 09:28

It's desirable to have "poor" teachers? Most have second homes, yeah, right. And anyway there are some incredibly cheap homes in parts of Spain.
By Fozzy
Membership Days Posts
Unmoderated comments, hooray:
If a headteacher on £100,000 a year should be named and shamed, what should we be doing with news paper columnists on eight times that amount for churning out a couple of columns' worth of dross per week?
- Elizabeth, Southwark, 26/4/2011 11:46

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
There are no longer "poor" teachers and there certainly are some very wealthy headteachers. Most teachers I know have second homes in France and Spain and leave for their hols as soon as school closes and stay away all summer. Alright for some!
- Penny, E Anglia, 26/4/2011 09:28

It's desirable to have "poor" teachers? Most have second homes, yeah, right. And anyway there are some incredibly cheap homes in parts of Spain.

Fury as employee goes away during holidays.

Perhaps Penny from E. Anglia dutifully hangs about her workplace like Marleys ghost.
While everybody else there (The ones who actually do some work instead of trying to start a fight about today's Mail comment) wishes she would fuck right off and give it a rest.

By IanC
Membership Days Posts
Those teachers that have second homes probably saved up for years and years in order to buy one. How dare they!

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
So they want to treat teachers the same way they treated the police. But unlike the underworked 9-5 teachers the police can't go on strike. No sympathy at all with this cosseted bunch of people. Let them strike permanently, they don't seem to educate children nowadays anyway, so it does not really matter does it?
- THE TRUTH IS OUT HERE, AND I'M TELLING IT, 14/6/2011 19:24

I suddenly got Pink Floyd playing in my head when I read that. :evil:

I wonder where "OUT HERE" is - the other side of the window they're licking perhaps? :D

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1PHjL8jbw

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
I'm glad to see so many 'if you think it's so easy come and give it a try' and ''if it's a doddle why don't you do it?' comments. Which is the real point, of course. Whereas, if you can't even spell and punctuate a 50-word message in the Mail comments you may need a little training. Or possibly a brain transplant...

So many of the bitter commenters will, of course, be school failures.

In the pub a while back a bloke (referred to as Fireman Fuckwit) was bleating on about how his nephew couldn't read at 7 and was blaming lazy teachers. I bit my tongue and after a while another friend just asked him if it was possible that the teachers were trying their best but with his nephew it just wasn't working. And maybe never would. Shut him up for a bit. I don't go there any more.
The Mail's Front Page Headline

It's the emphasis and tone that's objectionable, n[…]

Momentum

I will now lay my cards on the table and tell you […]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]