Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Exactly. In Mail-land teaching is such a doddle and so well rewarded it amazes me that the teacher bashers don't jump on the gravy-train themselves. Whatever can be holding them back I wonder?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
It's the levels. They didn't get no levels.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Gentleman Jim (Raymond Briggs)
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
More moving than Wind the Wind Blows I think, as it shows his struggle with everyday life rather than a cataclysmic event.

Not sure about the council workers being portrayed as faceless jobsworths though!

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
We're just about due a "7 weeks bloody holiday after doing a non-job" campaign.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:We're just about due a "7 weeks bloody holiday after doing a non-job" campaign.

Not to mention

Only working 9.00-3.30
50 Inset days pa
20 Closures due to snow pa
30 sickies pa (minium)

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:
Bones McCoy wrote:We're just about due a "7 weeks bloody holiday after doing a non-job" campaign.

Not to mention

Only working 9.00-3.30
50 Inset days pa
20 Closures due to snow pa
30 sickies pa (minium)

And half of the rest of PE lessons where you don't do anything.
The right to stick your poledancing polaroids on facebook without anybody batting an eyelid.
Pension worth a million quid after retirement at 35.
Opportunity to put a condom on a cucumber in front of a bunch of impressionable kids.
By Tepic
Membership Days
Opportunity to put a condom on a cucumber

I seem to remember my school using a remarkably realistic plaster cast! That could have been a result of growing up in Dagenham though!

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
We used a boy called Webley in Year 10. Always reliable, Webley. Never called him wobbly.

By SewerUrchin
Membership Days
Tepic wrote:

I seem to remember my school using a remarkably realistic plaster cast! That could have been a result of growing up in Dagenham though!

We used a rounders bat. Needless to say, my first time was awkward. Although, in retrospect, going "Is that it?!" to my best male friend probably made it worse for him.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tepic wrote:

Was your teacher Miss Cynthia??
By Tepic
Membership Days
Was your teacher Miss Cynthia??

Heh. It was our form teacher, as they used to take the PSD (Personal and Social Development) lessons. Mine was a middle aged crusty with HUGE knockers. My friend had a beautiful young French teacher. Life was unfair!

Although, in retrospect, going "Is that it?!"

If I were female I'd have probably said the same just for a laugh. That fits my sense of humour perfectly.
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Fuckwits. It chimes in with Otto English's piece o[…]

Unfortunately it's pretty much a constant battle w[…]

The Trump Presidency

I mean...how did he manage to get nominated in t[…]

But that's all anyone has - the fact that of the p[…]