Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
I've noticed a lot of these sorts of comments when people fine people disagreeing with them, blankly label their opponents as "well they must be xxxxx because no-one could possibly agree with them if they weren't".

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
S.Hark has a fan:
RE: - S. Hark, Bedlam, Earth, 01/7/2011 It's true. If they wen't on strike then this wouldn't have happened. There is alot of schools on a training day today, not striking now. They get paid for their summer break and could have striked then (as they are still employed). Gready, gready teachers. If you teachers get your fat pensions then I hope you think that this girls life was worth it. My thoughs are with the family. I don't give a dam about the gready teachers.
- Chris Jones, Leeds, Uk, 1/7/2011 14:02

Alternatively:
S.Hark: I refrain from uttering my immediate opinion of you. I can only hope, for your sake, you're taking the Michael. Otherwise your perspective on this issue is utterly warped, so much so you agree with the most ludicrous (and disgustingly opportunist) article i've read in a long time. Some facts for you: - The UK has some of the lowest public pensions in the developed world, averaging £4,000. That's £77 a week. - The average teacher's pension is £9,000. Are these truly gold-plated pensions? Of course we're told that private sector workers have to contribute a lot more. Well that will be because the private sector has virtually opted out contributing. So we should all race to the bottom should we? Pensions can be affordable (for that you need to look at a far bigger range of interconnecting financial and structural issues). The government chooses not to make the affordable through its prioritisations of budget.
- Titus Twortanger, Stoneybridge, 1/7/2011 14:12

@ S. Hark, Bedlam, Earth: copy out a hundred times....I will use my brain in future....I will use my brain in future....I will use my brain in future....etc
- Chris, Oxford, 1/7/2011 14:14

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:The story is going viral on twitter - I think this is another golden backfire for Dacre's boys...

I hope so, though the shameless fuckers have moved it into the lead position on the website.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Interesting too that the headline originally read "after teachers went on strike" and has now become "because teachers went on strike". Apparently any publicity is good for the Mail.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Quite. I notice it's now become: "Girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench on the day her teachers went out on strike."

Edit: Also, a new story about migrant workers has been moved into top-spot:

British workers have no skills and a bad attitude: Employers hit back at IDS claims that they hire too many migrants

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1QrdaSgCI
By moonkatt
Membership Days
I posted about this in the mail misreads its public thread. Looks like its causing a shitstorm of Moir proportions. the PCC are probably going to have to make another special link. They should just have a section of their site dedicated to the mail.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
It'll be an accepted truth by now. Mailies will accord it the status of holy writ, and whatever Twitter or the PCC does won't affect that.
Each drip adds to the stalactite of intolerance, hatred and bile that the Mail creates to serve its own agenda, to create a society in the image of itself that will continue to buy and to click to further enrich AN and Dacre.

And people question my views of journalists...

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:Interesting too that the headline originally read "after teachers went on strike" and has now become "because teachers went on strike". Apparently any publicity is good for the Mail.

It now reads.
Girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench on the day her teachers went out on strike

Complaints had been made to the council about 'dangerous' tree

The Mail seems to have realised it has dropped a bollock. and is back-pedalling furiously. Give it another two hours and it will read
Girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch because council jobsworths ignored dangerous tree.
By Fact Hunt
Membership Days
culfy wrote:
Arnold wrote:Girl, 13, crushed to death by a branch as she sat on a park bench after teachers went out on strike
Nobody will lame the teachers surely?
Ah.
An angry parent wrote on Twitter: 'she should have been safe at school, she was just sat on a bench talking with friends.

It's the sheer hypocrisy that gets me. Imagine if a local authority had done something about the hanging branch no doubt the Mail would have been up in an uproar (Bench closed because of 'Elf & Safety).

And suppose this had happened when all the schools were closed for the Royal Wedding.

Would the Mail be blaming her death on Wills and Kate (and Pippa's arse, of course)? Or would it be the girl's own fault for not sitting indoors watching the wedding like everyone was supposed to?
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
How can anyone take a penny from that shitrag and sleep at night. Anyone who works for the Mail is beyond contempt, no matter how okay their columns are. If they weren't they would resign. Today.
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Fuckwits. It chimes in with Otto English's piece o[…]

Unfortunately it's pretty much a constant battle w[…]

The Trump Presidency

I mean...how did he manage to get nominated in t[…]

But that's all anyone has - the fact that of the p[…]