Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Hello Mooney. Hope you've sorted out your personal difficulty and that Mrs M is well.

'Fraid you've some catching up to do. Our dimmest troll at the moment is called "A Bit o' Balance"' and (s)he's as thick as pig shite. I'm thinking you're going to have to get slightly thicker if you're to regain your title.

By Malcolm Armsteen
There's also no sign that if you ignore them they go away, though it may be more comfortable to do so...

By davidjay
moonshien wrote:I don't care how 'smug' it is, it tore the lie of Gordon 'prudent' Brown's PFI being 'value for money' to pieces way before most people had ever heard of it in the mainstream press, and for that it gets my vote every time.
I bet they're ecstatic.
By mattomac
I have to say I quite enjoy reading it, to take it as gospel would be as silly as taking the rest of the press as gospel, and did anyone ever think PFI's weren't a big waste of money, of course your current government wouldn't dare mentioned it as they plan on extending this idea not reigning it in.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
By the way, it's not quite fair to associate PFI exclusively with Brown. It preceded him, and now Osborne's using it (having inveighed against it). I accept Osborne was probably sincere but it's a Treasury policy and it gets urged upon all comers. No doubt the exact same civil servants who were pushing it on Brown have dusted down some old working papers and pushed it on Osborne.

By Daley Mayle
Private Eye is, like the curate's egg, good in parts.

(That comment is, like the Private Eye, somewhat smug, supercilious and assumes the reader has some knowledge of a standing joke).

My main problem with the magazine is over the forty years I've been reading it the font size is getting smaller and smaller.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That's it.

The LibDems, generally

Spotted this elsewhere. Warning: contains Piers Mo[…]

GE 2020

The deluded fuckwit still thinks there's such a […]

David Cameron

Compassionate conservatism: putting professionals […]