Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By jeh86
Membership Days
Thanks! I've been meaning to join for some time, but I've been procrastinating about it. Can't seem to find an avatar which fits yet!! :)
By jeh86
Membership Days
I have to agree! I'm sure if it was about British white southerners/middle class that Tesco advert would require a magnifying glass!
To play devil's advocate, that promo will have been set up for months, and to lose it would cost both companies a lot of money. And we all know that the Mail isn't about journalism, it's about revenue - what passes for 'success' in most print media today.
By jeh86
Membership Days
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:To play devil's advocate, that promo will have been set up for months, and to lose it would cost both companies a lot of money. And we all know that the Mail isn't about journalism, it's about revenue - what passes for 'success' in most print media today.
No, you are right. I overlooked an obvious point.
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Why stress that they were Asian? They were people.
That's why I have reservations, i.e. suggesting that it might be racially motivated when I don't think there is evidence of that yet. I am encouraged though, that they are offering a Muslim man as a positive role model for a change, rather than the usual demonisation. On balance I think the headline is good, but the subheading probably undoes it.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's almost like they contracted out the front page to more reasonable people and then the usual plethora of utter shits wrote the contents
Meanwhile in Australia

Yes, I've seen one or two of those before and they[…]

Oh yes. They've been dog-whistling to the Fash for[…]

Oh man, fucking hell. Well, I suppose Keir will[…]

Twat of the Day

"Thicky" Young covets the power and infl[…]