Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By JuanTwoThree
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#179474
Why is Angling News full of stories about catching fish?
 
By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#179479
a bit of balance wrote:Why does this site bang on about the DM all the time anyway?! Apart from chatter amongst your limited members, your message doesn't go anywhere where it might matter. In fact your message doesn't go anywhere outside of this forum full stop. I mean if you did some kind of protest outside DM HQ maybe someone might listen. But a handful of you just copy/pasting snippets from the DM or their comments, or spotting a comma or apostrophe in the wrong place isn't going to change a thing.
So you're trying to limit our freedom of speech now? I thought it was only us lefties who censor discussion?

And if it's having so little impact outside our cosy little circle why have you felt the need to come in and try and add "balance"? I'll even narrow down the options to...

A. You're a moron - you don't realise that you've just completely stymied yourself.
B. You're a troll - you only came here to try and provoke fighting among people you don't agree with.
C. You're worried - you can't bear that people don't think the same as you.
D. You're lying - as we've seen with the Occupy protests the more people bang on about how unimportant they are the more they're secretly concerned about them.
#179512
bluebellnutter wrote:
a bit of balance wrote:Why does this site bang on about the DM all the time anyway?! Apart from chatter amongst your limited members, your message doesn't go anywhere where it might matter. In fact your message doesn't go anywhere outside of this forum full stop. I mean if you did some kind of protest outside DM HQ maybe someone might listen. But a handful of you just copy/pasting snippets from the DM or their comments, or spotting a comma or apostrophe in the wrong place isn't going to change a thing.
So you're trying to limit our freedom of speech now? I thought it was only us lefties who censor discussion?

And if it's having so little impact outside our cosy little circle why have you felt the need to come in and try and add "balance"? I'll even narrow down the options to...

A. You're a moron - you don't realise that you've just completely stymied yourself.
B. You're a troll - you only came here to try and provoke fighting among people you don't agree with.
C. You're worried - you can't bear that people don't think the same as you.
D. You're lying - as we've seen with the Occupy protests the more people bang on about how unimportant they are the more they're secretly concerned about them.
OK smart arse, above you have written "So you're trying to limit our freedom of speech now?" and you have quoted what I wrote earlier:
a bit of balance wrote:Why does this site bang on about the DM all the time anyway?! Apart from chatter amongst your limited members, your message doesn't go anywhere where it might matter. In fact your message doesn't go anywhere outside of this forum full stop. I mean if you did some kind of protest outside DM HQ maybe someone might listen. But a handful of you just copy/pasting snippets from the DM or their comments, or spotting a comma or apostrophe in the wrong place isn't going to change a thing.
Where, may I ask, did I say I wanted to limit your freedom of speech then? Please point it out, using my quote above to show exactly where I'm saying your voice must be silenced.

You can't of course, because I didn't write that your free speech should be limited. Yet again then, you invent a theory to suit your preconceived beliefs without actually reading the comment properly let alone understand what was written.

*This* is the reason why I come on here - because I can frequently find examples of arrogance, hypocrisy, irony and stereotyping which are the very same failings you detest when you all turn to the Mail looking for your "entertainment", because as I said, you don't put your "findings" to a good use in the wider world, other than bang on about them here.
By Big Rob
#179513
a bit of balance wrote:Why does this site bang on about the DM all the time anyway?! Apart from chatter amongst your limited members, your message doesn't go anywhere where it might matter. In fact your message doesn't go anywhere outside of this forum full stop. I mean if you did some kind of protest outside DM HQ maybe someone might listen. But a handful of you just copy/pasting snippets from the DM or their comments, or spotting a comma or apostrophe in the wrong place isn't going to change a thing.
Why do you bang on about this site all of the time anyway? Apart from you and a couple of idiots like you, your consistent and clumsy sniping doesn't go anywhere it might matter. In fact your idiocy doesn't go anywhere except in to the crap argumentation bin full stop. I mean if you did some sort of protest outside the MailWatch HQ we would all laugh but none of us would listen. But just yourself and Lord Reason spewing daily mail mantra or insulting members of this board, for no good reason, isn't going to change the fact that you're an ironic fucktard.
By Outroar
Membership Days
#179521
a bit of balance wrote:I can frequently find examples of arrogance, hypocrisy, irony and stereotyping which are the very same failings you detest when you all turn to the Mail
Uhh... not really. You frequently start silly arguments over very little, and imagine you're making some kind of point about this forum or "lefties". Actually you're offering no insight into either, you're just starting silly arguments.
 
By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
#179527
a bit of balance wrote:as I said, you don't put your "findings" to a good use in the wider world, other than bang on about them here.
How do you know what we get up to in the 'wider world'?

Even if you're right, so what? I belong to a book group. Should we also stop meeting because we don't put our thoughts and ideas to what you have deemed to be "a good use"? What do you think we'd do if someone turned up to the group with the express intention of preventing us from talking about books? Let's say this individual's only contributions were to state that our discussions were pointless, and to complain about the lack of a balancing viewpoint — the viewpoint of an ignoramus who didn't read books and hated the idea of people getting together to talk about them. Why of course, we'd politely ask that individual to go away.

That's a hint.
 
By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#179641
a bit of balance wrote:
bluebellnutter wrote:
a bit of balance wrote:Why does this site bang on about the DM all the time anyway?! Apart from chatter amongst your limited members, your message doesn't go anywhere where it might matter. In fact your message doesn't go anywhere outside of this forum full stop. I mean if you did some kind of protest outside DM HQ maybe someone might listen. But a handful of you just copy/pasting snippets from the DM or their comments, or spotting a comma or apostrophe in the wrong place isn't going to change a thing.
So you're trying to limit our freedom of speech now? I thought it was only us lefties who censor discussion?

And if it's having so little impact outside our cosy little circle why have you felt the need to come in and try and add "balance"? I'll even narrow down the options to...

A. You're a moron - you don't realise that you've just completely stymied yourself.
B. You're a troll - you only came here to try and provoke fighting among people you don't agree with.
C. You're worried - you can't bear that people don't think the same as you.
D. You're lying - as we've seen with the Occupy protests the more people bang on about how unimportant they are the more they're secretly concerned about them.
OK smart arse, above you have written "So you're trying to limit our freedom of speech now?" and you have quoted what I wrote earlier:
a bit of balance wrote:Why does this site bang on about the DM all the time anyway?! Apart from chatter amongst your limited members, your message doesn't go anywhere where it might matter. In fact your message doesn't go anywhere outside of this forum full stop. I mean if you did some kind of protest outside DM HQ maybe someone might listen. But a handful of you just copy/pasting snippets from the DM or their comments, or spotting a comma or apostrophe in the wrong place isn't going to change a thing.
Where, may I ask, did I say I wanted to limit your freedom of speech then? Please point it out, using my quote above to show exactly where I'm saying your voice must be silenced.

You can't of course, because I didn't write that your free speech should be limited. Yet again then, you invent a theory to suit your preconceived beliefs without actually reading the comment properly let alone understand what was written.

*This* is the reason why I come on here - because I can frequently find examples of arrogance, hypocrisy, irony and stereotyping which are the very same failings you detest when you all turn to the Mail looking for your "entertainment", because as I said, you don't put your "findings" to a good use in the wider world, other than bang on about them here.
You didn't answer my question...

Oh, and for the sake of clarity, so far as I am aware no-one here has ever claimed to be anywhere near the moral high ground. This is not true of the Daily Mail. So if we are, as you say, guilty of "arrogance, hypocrisy, irony and stereotyping", then so what, we haven't claimed to be any better than that. This is not true of the Mail.

So here's another question (so that's now 2 answers I'd like from you please), if, as you say, our freedom of speech should not be limited, then why do you behave in such a manner as to make it look like you do?
#179705
a bit of balance wrote: But even if there was, the DM is a right wing paper, so I would expect and want them to bash Labour.
Right. And this is a site about how the Daily Mail demonstrably publishes a load of crap. It thus does what someone signing up would expect and want it to. So what exactly is your issue, or are you saying that the DM can say whatever it likes but no one else can? That's hardly "balance" is it? Besides, "right wing" does not mean the same as "absurdly biased and blinkered" anyway. The Telegraph/Times manage to be broadly right wing without constantly resorting to the scumbag tactics of the DM. Nor does being in favour of one thing mean you have to inherently attack something else anyway - you can of course just ignore it, or indeed argue against it without resorting to smears and bullshit. You know - what civilised people do, not cunts like Littlejohn who pretend they live where they don't, lie to bash gay people, lie to bash women, lie to bash foreign people, lie to bash the poor, lie to bash anyone employed in the public sector, lie to bash disabled people all while taking home 800,000 a year for about 1500 words a week while contributing next to nothing to this country in tax etc. And even ignoring ALL that, the point is it doesn't matter whether the Mail is right or left wing because it's still a shit tabloid that fucks over people's lives and publishes demonstrably provable bullshit. That's why I don't like it, that's why I (and I expect others) ended up here. Take away the vicious, mean writers like Phillips and Hitchens and chums who are plain and simple bullies who want to pick on people they consider beneath them, and I wouldn't have half as much of an issue with the paper. I wouldn't necessarily agree with it, but I wouldn't think it was genuinely harmful that it even exists either.

Besides, if you really are about balance, and (as you've claimed recently) you go on the Mail forum to post counterpoints, surely you don't want them bashing anyone in the same manner as you attempt to point out the unreasonable (in your opinion) bashing of the Mail that goes on here? And as you've claimed censorship is apparently "typically lefty", how - when you post your counterpoints on the Mail website - do you reply to the commentators who inevitably respond with messages that pretty much say you shouldn't be allowed your opinion because it doesn't tally with theirs? Do you call them "lefties", to their utter bewilderment? Do you say that they're engaging in typical right-wing behaviour by trying to censor you? Do you write and complain to the Mail when they inevitably block or censor your posts about their lefty attitudes (something that doesn't happen here, by the way)?

To sum up, you're either flip-flopping more than a plastic shoe on a 4-week mediterranen holiday, a massive hypocrite, a massive liar, the most rubbish troll I've come across in the best part of a decade because you don't annoy anyone or stir any infighting up and only ever make yourself look like an idiot, an *actual* massive idiot, or some hideous combination of all of the above. What you certainly aren't is genuine, clever, witty or troubling in any way. So seriously - crack on with whatever it is you're trying to prove. Because seeing someone make such a cock out of themselves by trying to simultaneously slag people off, claim the moral high ground while defending tabloid bullshit, make out they're completely neutral and only here to play devil's advocate AND make out they're not a troll while doing all the bog standard troll things (albeit very badly) that everyone can spot a mile off is fucking hilarious. It's like watching someone who's stood in dog shit frantically try and wipe the dog shit off on an even bigger pile of dog shit while claiming it's everyone else who stinks.
#184996
...So that would be referring to the millions of brainwashed social-climbing fuckflanges in the UK then, who can't even spare a couple of quid for a trip to Wilko's, to buy a pot to piss in? You know the ones, they who drive over-priced top-of-the-range crout piles of shite, host covert verbal wanking competitions called 'Dinner Parties', and insist on having a fucking flatscreen in every room. What a crying fucking shame. My heart goes out to them all. :D
Labour, Generally.

I suspect that this: Instead he recommended a re[…]

Mark Francois MP

I have now.... :(

Whilst on the subject of "woke", I've ju[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Normally I don't respond to the Demon Headmaster[…]