Page 1 of 3

Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 pm
by ezinra
Today's headline:
Sacre bleu! Traditional French baguette is now available from vending machines

Three weeks ago:
Sacre bleu! French language hardliners win £8,000 payout after Air Canada staff speak to them in English

Earlier this year:
Sacre bleu! British steam ahead of French in the kitchen

Sacré bleu! French to force children to learn English from the age of THREE, if President Sarkozy gets his way

Sacre Bleu! Banned Anelka admits he is glad not to be playing for France

Sacre bleu! Have I really discovered my past lives?

Last year:
Sacre Bleu! France have no great players anymore, admits boss Laurent Blanc

Sacre bleu! London is a more attractive city to visitors than Paris... according to a FRENCH tourist guide

Sacrebleu! French presidential candidate Ségolène Royal's plush Parisian pad is burgle … for the third time in four years!

Sacre bleu-tox! Amid rumours of an affair with a young lover, has Carla Bruni had a little help keeping up appearances?

Sacre bleu! English clubs face Heineken Cup wipeout

Sacre bleu! Makfi's tour de force provides a 33-1 stunner in 2,000 Guineas

Sacre bleu! Tara Reid attends event in Paris looking a bedraggled mess

Sacre Bleu! Andy Murray films cringeworthy karaoke for French TV

Sacre bleu! France to raise retirement age to 62 after Sarkozy wins his Waterloo

Sacre bleu! French government demands prosecution of a man photographed wiping his bottom on the national flag

Sacré bleu! French are losing art of home cooking, says top restaurant boss Alain Ducasse

And that's just in the last 19 months.

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:33 pm
by Timbo
ezinra wrote:Today's headline:
Sacre bleu! Traditional French baguette is now available from vending machines

Three weeks ago:
Sacre bleu! French language hardliners win £8,000 payout after Air Canada staff speak to them in English

Earlier this year:
Sacre bleu! British steam ahead of French in the kitchen

Sacré bleu! French to force children to learn English from the age of THREE, if President Sarkozy gets his way

Sacre Bleu! Banned Anelka admits he is glad not to be playing for France

Sacre bleu! Have I really discovered my past lives?

Last year:
Sacre Bleu! France have no great players anymore, admits boss Laurent Blanc

Sacre bleu! London is a more attractive city to visitors than Paris... according to a FRENCH tourist guide

Sacrebleu! French presidential candidate Ségolène Royal's plush Parisian pad is burgle … for the third time in four years!

Sacre bleu-tox! Amid rumours of an affair with a young lover, has Carla Bruni had a little help keeping up appearances?

Sacre bleu! English clubs face Heineken Cup wipeout

Sacre bleu! Makfi's tour de force provides a 33-1 stunner in 2,000 Guineas

Sacre bleu! Tara Reid attends event in Paris looking a bedraggled mess

Sacre Bleu! Andy Murray films cringeworthy karaoke for French TV

Sacre bleu! France to raise retirement age to 62 after Sarkozy wins his Waterloo

Sacre bleu! French government demands prosecution of a man photographed wiping his bottom on the national flag

Sacré bleu! French are losing art of home cooking, says top restaurant boss Alain Ducasse

And that's just in the last 19 months.


I think you may have discovered our newest comment meme (until they ban it, like 'scotch egg')

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:05 pm
by Tom_UK
Let's see if we can get it on the blocked list by the end of the week. :lol:

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 pm
by oboogie
ezinra wrote:Today's headline:
Sacre bleu! Traditional French baguette is now available from vending machines


But they're not even new, I'm sure that I first saw one in the mid 90s. It was at a service area near Nantes on the E3 IIRC.

Good idea about the comment meme Timbo, I wonder if I could get away with it as my name?

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:19 pm
by ezinra
oboogie wrote:But they're not even new, I'm sure that I first saw one in the mid 90s. It was at a service area near Nantes on the E3 IIRC.

You realise you're suggesting the Mail isn't at the cutting edge of journalism here? Dangerous ground.

Good idea about the comment meme Timbo, I wonder if I could get away with it as my name?

Or how about using 'sacré' followed by a different colour or word? Sacré pink, sacré barely-there, sacré modesty?

'Sacre' is one key away from 'Dacre'. Sacré dacré?

ETA: I'm in!

Sacré woof! If only more celebrities would take Mollie's lead (geddit?) and walk their dogs, there'd be no room on the pavement for the stone-throwing yobs. Saturdays, Britain needs YOU!

- N Field, Aflame, 09/8/2011 16:25 Rating 1

Sacré advertorial!

- Brent Wood, Essex, 09/8/2011 16:46 Rating (0)

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:30 pm
by Arnold
Now we've mastered the phrase "Sacre bleu", let's move on. Oeuf de l'Ecosse. Oeuf de l'Ecosse

- Alfred, UK, 09/8/2011 16:18
Click to rate Rating 1

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:03 pm
by Malcolm Armsteen
Merde alors!

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:20 pm
by Paul
Image

" where are the white women at" ?

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:39 pm
by oboogie
Paul wrote:Image

" where are the white women at" ?


My what a whopper that Frenchman has!!

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:02 am
by Silkyman
Paul wrote:Image

" where are the white women at" ?


Right behind you mate..

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 am
by ezinra
@Wally Toynbee Sacré Bleu! Pourquoi est-il que vous avez à me poser, vous méchant homme. Il est évident pourquoi les commentateurs préfèrent l'anglais au français, c'est parce que la France Belle est supérieur en tous points à l'rosbifs. J'espère que mon aide anglo-saxonne cousine.

- Mme. Toynbee de Wally, Persécuteur des Gauchers sur le site Failwatch, 10/8/2011 00:35 Rating 3

Bien joué(e) !

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:41 am
by oboogie
Shame the French is so appalling. :oops: :oops:

It was late, I was tired and emotional.

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:42 am
by bluebellnutter
Is that the Yes Minister version of tired and emotional?

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 am
by oboogie
You got it! :D

Re: Stuck on repeat

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:14 pm
by ezinra
oboogie wrote:Shame the French is so appalling. :oops: :oops:

It was late, I was tired and emotional.

It's a bit harsh to accuse Wally of persecuting left-handed people, but I get the gist!