Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Gourami
Membership Days Posts
Several newspapers have run this story. This has elicited a range of comments from people who read the book at school and remember the 'more equal than others' line, despite it usually appearing in the headline and certainly once in the body of the text. Pretty much every person who has trotted out this line thinks they are making a profound comment and ought to be on Newsnight tomorrow to discuss their insight.

Ooh 'trotted'. Pigs have trotters. Like zoinks Scooby!

:roll:

Same twats also love to reference '1984' and 'Catch 22' in a needy bid to appear informed and erudite, without adding anything. It would be amusing if it wasn't so dismal. Mental midgets with an axe to grind.
By ACG
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
what was it? it's been taken down now it seems

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
If genuine. Instructions to the police to be vigilante for signs that the Occupy movement might be trying extending their activities, occupying buildings, planning activities against 'capitalist' targets etc
Normal policing as far as I could see.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
Tough one for Mail readers Christ and Occupy.

Jesus would be with St Paul's protesters this Christmas, says Archbishop of Canterbury
Jesus would spend Christmas with the St Paul’s Cathedral protesters, the Archbishop of Canterbury said yesterday.
Dr Rowan Williams declared that Christ would be ‘there, sharing the risks, not just taking sides.’
He said in an article aimed at the huge audience of buyers of the Christmas edition of the Radio Times that Jesus ‘is somebody who constantly asks awkward questions’.
The Archbishop said: ‘Christmas doesn’t commemorate the birth of a super-good person who shows us how to get it right every time, but the arrival in the world of someone who tells us that everything could be different.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1fkjaonzR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What would Jesus do? Well for one thing he wouldn't be peeing and pooping in the street!
- darcy - , right foot forward. Labour NEVER again - Lib-Dems twice as bad., 6/12/2011 4:06 101
Nobody has done that
How did this BUFFOON get into the position he is in. And the Churchleaders wonder why congregations are falling
- EngandandStGeorge, Derby, 6/12/2011 7:21 104
Yeah, because Jesus was such a fan of bankers during his time
I seem to remember the one about Jesus of Nazareth giving a load of people the boot for desecrating the temple grounds with their disrespectful presence, just as this lot are doing to St Paul's. Time to get your boots on Rowan!
- rickb, darlington, co durham, 6/12/2011 7:07 89
Yes he did, except they aren't in the temple grounds are they? I very much doubt he would kick them out either way they are hardly money changers and sellers now surely.
Jesus said "My kingdom is no part of this world" he is not political.
- Patsy, Taunton, 6/12/2011 7:18 82
Perhaps, but Christ would certainly stand up for most vulnerable

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
Occupy fail! Brighton anti-capitalist activists leave camp after tents are ravaged by bad weather and set alight

More playground bullying from the Mail and its readers.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....just great!

- Earl Hickey, Hertford, 15/12/2011 14:14 Rating 12
Best laugh of the day, pity we couldn't get rid of them for good!!!

- EnglandandStGeorge, Derby, 15/12/2011 15:36 Rating 1
Bring on more violent storms and well below freezing temperatures. This will reduce the cost to the tax-payers of policing these sites and the police can get back to their proper job of crime prevention and solving.

- John Whetton, Nottingham, 15/12/2011 5:38 Rating 78
So much hate, so little brain.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Doctor Who is mostly a right load of old pish, tho[…]

Labour, Generally.

Reminds me of a line in an Austin Allegro review[…]

Mark Francois MP

I have now.... :(

Whilst on the subject of "woke", I've ju[…]