Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Dacre Bleugh
Membership Days
Tubby Isaacs wrote:It looks more like Cannon Fraser was right and there are some unpleasant people running things.
Yup. It reads to me those unpleasant people are part of the 1% OccupyLSX are protesting against:

Chairman
Sir John Stuttard PWC partner, Former Lord Mayor of London.

Trustees
The Right Reverend Graeme Knowles, Dean of St Paul’s
Dame Helen Alexander DBE Deputy chair of the CBI, director of Centrica plc
Lord Blair of Boughton - Former Metropolitan Police Commissioner
Roger Gifford - Investment banker, big in City of London
John Harvey – Not clearly identified
Joyce Hytner OBE – Theatre director
Gavin Ralston Global Head of Product and leading international asset manager at Schroder Investment Management
Carol Sergeant CBE - Chief Risk Director at Lloyds TSB, formerly Managing Director for Regulatory Process and Risk at the FSA
John Spence OBE – Former Managing Director, Business Banking, LloydsTSB

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2011 ... -st-pauls/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:The Corporation have played this even worse than the C of E.

A lot more people will know how dodgy they are now.
Channel 4 News AND Newsnight for me tonight, this could get very interesting and I wouldn't want to miss anything.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
It's funny how a group of committed protesters have rumbled both the C of E and shone a bright light on the very shady City of London Corporation. It's amazing. The Corporation will be releasing a statement tomorrow lunchtime though to see if they'll resume legal action.

By Son Of Hand
Membership Days
I passed by the St Pauls camp last Sunday. The way it's been set out, it's not really blocking anything. Any obstacle, such as the closure of the Churchyard (presumably to stop tents being pitched on a more suitable surface) was provided by those in charge of the Cathedral.

The Occupy crowd were warm, friendly and intelligent. The crap that the rightwing rags are throwing at them may actually do them a favour - there are many curious visitors to the camp, and the gap between the 'pestilent' and the reality is blindingly obvious.

I think I'm in love with this lot. With dignity and restraint, they have managed to get the the C of E and the Corporation Of London to show their true colours in full public view, just by letting them drown in their inbuilt incompetence and hypocrisy. Surprising that it took so little effort.
By Adam
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
There's a poll that a few of my facebook friends have answered (no truck with the damned things, myself) asking whether the camp should be removed. All of them answered no, even those who's views tend to the small-c conservative. The papers calling them scum and rabble have, I think, badly misjudged the public mood on this.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
What it has done, in spades, is show us which side the press, and cretins like Kitchens and Phillips are actually on. The rich side, no matter what the consequences for the mass.

By smod
Membership Days Posts
'Move your tents so we can parade for fallen heroes': D-Day veteran, 91, remonstrates with St Paul's protesters
A Second World War veteran begged anti-capitalist protesters camped outside St Paul's to have some respect for those trying to mark Remembrance Sunday at the cathedral.
Wally Harris, 91, went to the cathedral to ask the activists to move their tents so that his City of London Regiment could parade in honour of their fallen comrades.
The former Rolls-Royce mechanic from Bracknell, Berkshire, won the military medal for gallantry after he fought on Gold Beach in Normandy on D-Day and was part of the force that liberated Brussels.
Ronan McNern, a spokesman for Occupy London Stock Exchange, said the protesters were 'liaising with the Church' to prevent disruption on November 13.
He said four of the tents had been moved to create a fire exit.
'The last thing we'd want to do is be disrespectful to the people attending,' he added.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1cknEqm00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shouldn't be a problem them but it doesn't stop the usual Mail readers getting all huffed and puffed.
No, Mr Harris Sir. They have no respect!!
- caroline, manchester, 4/11/2011 4:55 646
Now I would be honored to vote for you Sir, a man of integrity and common sense. Why can't these yellow politicians have your intestinal fortitude???
- Rob, Vancouver, BC, 4/11/2011 4:20 619
They only move at night to go home to their warm apartments.
- Salfordian, Salford., 4/11/2011 7:13 522
Well no, that was proved false.
This lot will laugh in his face .
- parrcent, Merseyside , 4/11/2011 4:08 365
Based on what exactly?
Mark Francois MP

Have you noticed the stains on his shiny suit?

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Normally I don't respond to the Demon Headmaster[…]

The Sun

Well, if the government are losing the PR war, whe[…]

Labour, Generally.

Corbyn has woken up (or somebody with sense has wh[…]