Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Couldn't find a thread devoted to this fucktard so, hey ho, here we go.

Jezza was appearing on a programme I've never seen and suggested shooting all public sector strikers in front of their family.

This has caused outrage, outrage I tell 'ee.

I would have had them all shot: Clarkson sparks outrage over rant about strikers

Then there's the outrage about the outrage

The PC Brigade get a right good twatting in the Mail readers' comments.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
I see one of the segments of the RightMinds Centipede has written a defence of "Jezza":

Clarkson: Long live bad taste

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... taste.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some people will throw up their hands in horror when they hear outrageous outbursts from the likes of Jeremy Clarkson, but others will find them a great gust of fresh air blowing through the foetid atmosphere of the politically correct.
Isn't it odd that "outrageous outbursts" from right wing cunts like Clarkson or Littlejohn are some how a breath of "fresh air", yet if someone on the left had said something similar about the government or the royal family, say, they'd be up in arms about it?

Also, I suspect reading MailOnline may have started to damage my intelect, but I'm not sure I understand what he's getting at here:
For instance, whenever the broadcasters take it upon themselves to tackle a tricky subject, like abortion or rape, on Coronation Street or a similar show it is always done 'sensitively', or in good taste.

Actresses who have to disrobe or take part in sexual romps on screen invariably feign initial reluctance and say they will only do it if it is 'tastefully' done or intrinsic to the plot. Wild horses would not drag me to a cinema showing 'tasteful' films.

If I, for instance, was accused of having good taste I would be forced to ponder on where I had gone wrong.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
Yeah, it's nice breath of fresh air to be able to get away with vile, racist and inflammatory remarks.

I think the author is just mad sex is deemed tasteful in film perhaps and you can have abortion on Coronation Street. I think he just wants to protest:

By Daley Mayle
It's like manna from heaven to columnists and media watchers. Jeremy Vine (why are all wankers called Jeremy?) had a shouty outraged woman on his risible radio programme who said that she wanted to take Clarkie outside and shoot him. She did say she was only joking but failed to the irony in that remark.

By Projective Unity
Membership Days
I found the comments about he made about suicide jumpers equally vile. I'm sure there were people watching, what is essentially a magazine show, with relatives and friends who have commited suicide in such a violent manner who wouldn't appreciate Clarkson's "jokes" solely in order to promote his annual DVDs.
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:I see one of the segments of the RightMinds Centipede has written a defence of "Jezza":

Clarkson: Long live bad taste

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... taste.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some people will throw up their hands in horror when they hear outrageous outbursts from the likes of Jeremy Clarkson, but others will find them a great gust of fresh air blowing through the foetid atmosphere of the politically correct.
If Jonathan Ross had made these comments, the DM would leading the calls for him to be impaled on a spike and paraded around Trafalgar Square, but when a leading right-wing bigot says something outrageous, it's totally fine.
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
Oh, hello.
It seems KEVIN of NOTTINGHAM13.31, CHRIS of YORK 13.05 and a few others are typical examples of Labour's "Look over your shoulder, before you dare open your mouth", enforcement brigade, to ensure that the "correct" attitude is shown before you dare to utter an opinion which might possibly cause upset to Anyone at all! Perhaps we should get clearance from some Union PC commissar, before we commit the heresy of irritating some jumped-up censor from the provinces...?

- John Smith, Birmingham, England, 1/12/2011 14:01

By Malcolm Armsteen
He won't be sacked. For the BBC he's the goose that shits the golden turds.
And for programme editors he's 'good television'.

Oh, and he's a mate of Callmedave and the Murdochs.

By bluebellnutter
Projective Unity wrote:I found the comments about he made about suicide jumpers equally vile. I'm sure there were people watching, what is essentially a magazine show, with relatives and friends who have commited suicide in such a violent manner who wouldn't appreciate Clarkson's "jokes" solely in order to promote his annual DVDs.
Then I suggest you nevr hang out around railwaymen, they regularly make jokes about it. I think as much for the "gallows humour" element to hide the emotion of some selfish person (and it is bloody selfish) jumping in front of your speeding train.

Personally I think this guy has a point

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-s ... edded-clip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By ACG
Tom_MKUK wrote:Oh, hello.
It seems KEVIN of NOTTINGHAM13.31, CHRIS of YORK 13.05 and a few others are typical examples of Labour's "Look over your shoulder, before you dare open your mouth", enforcement brigade
otherwise known as, "thinking before you speak", it's not that hard to just run things though your mind before you let them out of your mouth john, though i suppose it is quite a long detour when you're talking out of your arse.
By satnav
The Mail and it's readers are displaying their usual double standards, when Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle or Johnathan Ross make a tasteless joke the paper condemns them and demands they be taken off air but when a bigot like Clarkson makes a stupid comments he is some kind of hero who is a champion of free speech.

By bluebellnutter
satnav wrote:The Mail and it's readers are displaying their usual double standards, when Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle or Johnathan Ross make a tasteless joke the paper condemns them and demands they be taken off air but when a bigot like Clarkson makes a stupid comments he is some kind of hero who is a champion of free speech.
Yeah but the difference is they attack people the readers like. When they're attacked it's "vile abuse", when someone they don't like is it's "free speech".
Labour, Generally.

Ian Lavery was on TV this evening doing his Plain-[…]

Labour Policies 2019/20

A thread to discuss the several policies which wil[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, I suggested taking the batteries out and l[…]

The Today Programme

He already has a Mail column, doesn't he?