Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
The accusation from the Mail was that Clarkson was somehow mocking the Indian poor with his toilet seat thing. How he was mocking them by taking the piss out of Richard Hammond I'm not really sure.
The Mail wrote:At one point, the controversial presenter ridiculed the unhygienic conditions and lack of sanitation among the poor by driving around the slums in a Jaguar fitted with a toilet.
In this episode they invited a lot of India's super rich to an event and then proceeded to waste their time by trying to sell them Corby Trouser Presses and mixing up all their car keys. Later in the episode they had an impromptu cricket match with some everyday Indian folk. If I was going to accuse them of mocking anyone in this episode, it would be India's rich elite.
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:I saw the Top Gear India thing [...] I noticed nothing offensive [...]
I watched it and found it offensive.

That is, it offended me by being so frigging bad.

To paraphrase someone else, it was as if they'd had the (very good) idea to go to India but when they got there they'd run out of ideas of what to actually do. It wasn't a patch on previous efforts like Vietnam or Bolivia.

Racism? None at all.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Carlos The Badger wrote:
oboogie wrote:I saw the Top Gear India thing [...] I noticed nothing offensive [...]
I watched it and found it offensive.

That is, it offended me by being so frigging bad.

To paraphrase someone else, it was as if they'd had the (very good) idea to go to India but when they got there they'd run out of ideas of what to actually do. It wasn't a patch on previous efforts like Vietnam or Bolivia.

Racism? None at all.
I watched bits of it and found little to cause offence.
Sure, Top Gear ran out of ideas and failed to break new broadcasting ground - Welcome to 2004!!

Clarkson on pretty good behaviour, and a bit of banter between the hosts.
I was disappointed the Stig didn't feature, but it must be bloody awful wearing white overalls while fighting off Amoebic Dysentry.
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
Carlos The Badger wrote: It wasn't a patch on previous efforts like Vietnam or Bolivia.
I agree. I wish they'd stop doing things which are so obviously staged it's embarrassing (like Hammond "inadvertently" drawing a Mexican flag on his bonnet). At times it reminded me of one of those dodgy spin-off films of a bad sitcom. But racist? No.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
To be brutally honest I'm giving this as much credence as I gave the Mail run of outrage at every BBC hair out of place after Ross / Brand. The Graun is desperately looking for something so it can get its way. All it needs now is for Jeremy Clarkson to make a joke about the Queens haunted vagina for a full house.
By shyamz
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:To be brutally honest I'm giving this as much credence as I gave the Mail run of outrage at every BBC hair out of place after Ross / Brand. The Graun is desperately looking for something so it can get its way. All it needs now is for Jeremy Clarkson to make a joke about the Queens haunted vagina for a full house.
Don't go giving him ideas now. :)

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Tom_MKUK wrote:The accusation from the Mail was that Clarkson was somehow mocking the Indian poor with his toilet seat thing. How he was mocking them by taking the piss out of Richard Hammond I'm not really sure.
The Mail wrote:At one point, the controversial presenter ridiculed the unhygienic conditions and lack of sanitation among the poor by driving around the slums in a Jaguar fitted with a toilet.
In this episode they invited a lot of India's super rich to an event and then proceeded to waste their time by trying to sell them Corby Trouser Presses and mixing up all their car keys. Later in the episode they had an impromptu cricket match with some everyday Indian folk. If I was going to accuse them of mocking anyone in this episode, it would be India's rich elite.
I don't know what the Indian elite are like, but I met one of their middle class over there who I rate as the biggest cunt in the world. The way he spoke to a Nepalese waiter was like nothing I've ever seen.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Althea wrote:Those who dislike Clarkson need to watch last night's HIGNFY, Hislop lays into him quite often.

Plus he's joined by Nancy Dell'Olio, another Murdoch Empire-paid journalist (well, columnist).
Nancy and the Sun's editor have a lot in common ...
(Insert punchline at your leisure)
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That's it.

The LibDems, generally

Spotted this elsewhere. Warning: contains Piers Mo[…]

GE 2020

The deluded fuckwit still thinks there's such a […]

David Cameron

Compassionate conservatism: putting professionals […]