Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's a newspaper. It may be a shit newspaper, but nonetheless its primary function is to present news. That would, on the face of it, include trying to get exclusive articles and pictures.

What's the problem with that?

By Malcolm Armsteen
I'd agree with the Mail on that one. It was a feckin' huge lump of concrete and added to the story.

We need to concentrate on the ways the Mail is aberrant and obnoxious, not just keep pointing out that in many ways it is the same as every other newspaper.

By bluebellnutter
It's a bit like picking on Hitler because of his moustache. Yes it's comic and all that, but it really isn't very high at all in his list of crimes.
By satnav
But when they use the word 'first' what are they actually saying? Are they trying to claim they are the first paper to obtain the picture? If so it seems a bit of a sick competition. Or are they say it's the first picture to appear on their website/newspaper. Surely they could just use the headline 'Picture of dead....' without the need for the word 'first.'

By Withnail Xtreme
Membership Days
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:It's a newspaper. It may be a shit newspaper, but nonetheless its primary function is to present news. That would, on the face of it, include trying to get exclusive articles and pictures.

What's the problem with that?
None at all. As opposed to the Sun or Mirror, or any other shitty red-top, who would have us all believe the Muslims are to blame. Can't beat a spot of incitement.

By Withnail Xtreme
Membership Days
moonshien wrote:Surely the first pictures of these people would generally have been taken when they were babies?
Obviously the perpetrators of these crimes were given the correct discipline (non-confrontational) as children. That's why they grew up with the desire to cause harm to other people under the delusion of impunity.
By ACG
do you somehow know who they are then? or are you just pulling assumptions out of your arse?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Withnail Xtreme wrote:
ACG wrote:do you somehow know who they are then? or are you just pulling assumptions out of your arse?
My arse isn't that big. :D
Oh, I disagree.
2019 General Election

Well... as far as I am concerned, the election i[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1202982[…]

The Brexit Party

Taxi driver. 8) https://inews.co.uk/images-i.j[…]

The Ma*l in microcosm. This is why we are where we[…]