Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote: Part of me thinks with someone in Huhnes position the police wouldn't go for it unless they were absolutely convinced of their case. Too much to risk should they lose IMO.
Well there are the emails, and I understand she made a sworn affidavit. What would be interesting would be her pleading guilty and testifying against him.
By Moosehead
Membership Days
smod wrote:In comparison to most of the coalition Huhne was pretty progressive on the environment. Another nail in the coffin for the greenest government ever.
Yeah, I agree with this. Huhne as energy secretary did something to offset the hiring of Spelman. I watched a few of the pre-election environment debates, and he was looking pretty good at those, I was glad he got a role in the cabinet. Anyone have anything of note on how green Davey is? I've only had a quick look at his history, and not seen much environment/energy related in there.

The greenest government ever gets browner by the day...

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The "Greenest government ever" claim was bollocks and had demonstrably unravelled at least 12 months since. Ed Davey will do little more than Huhne, which was not much at all, to shore the claim up.

On the charges against Huhne, I rather get the impression that Vicky Pryce has long borne a (legitimate) grudge against her former husband for the way in which he left her for another woman, and has been biding her time until she can cause the greatest damage to his career. In short, she may be about to stick the knife in by admitting the charge against her - instantly ending Huhne's slim hope of a return to the cabinet or indeed any future party leadership hopes.

Good luck to her - couldn't happen to a nicer hypocrite (except possibly Clegg).

By Malcolm Armsteen
Worth a suspended sentence or a bit of community service.

In fact the magistrates will probably award her a medal and £50 from the community chest.

By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Worth a suspended sentence or a bit of community service.

In fact the magistrates will probably award her a medal and £50 from the community chest.
Actually, perverting the corse of justice is viewed so seriously that both Huhne and his former wife would get a custodial sentence. Huhne would be out of parliament and it would be by-election time.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Unless you are a Premiership footballer that is.
Footballer Teddy Sheringham has been cautioned by police for perverting the course of justice.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6916086.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:Huhne would be out of parliament and it would be by-election time.
I live in Huhne's constituency. All three parties here are getting ready for a by-election in 2013. If Huhne were convicted, the backlash could be long-lasting: on the doorstep, you still hear anger about Stephen Milligan. A second scandal-related by-election in less than 20 years could inflate the anti-politics vote. We're hearing a lot of support for Ukip, and we're worried that, in a constituency with a significant number of Asian residents, the BNP/EDL are beginning to rabble-rouse.

Huhne has been well-liked here, so it's a double-blow to his electorate that he's caught up in this silly, wholly preventable court case. The previous LibDem MP in the neighbouring constituency, Mark Oaten, also resigned after making an idiot of himself; there's no great love for Cameron's Tories in this part of the world, but the Libs keep shooting themselves in the foot.

By Abernathy
ezinra wrote:
Abernathy wrote:Huhne would be out of parliament and it would be by-election time.
I live in Huhne's constituency. All three parties here are getting ready for a by-election in 2013.
2012, surely?
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That's it.

The LibDems, generally

Spotted this elsewhere. Warning: contains Piers Mo[…]

GE 2020

The deluded fuckwit still thinks there's such a […]

David Cameron

Compassionate conservatism: putting professionals […]